Main Menu

ELP Cover?

Started by geront, July 01, 2010, 04:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacingHippo

You and me both, Pedders.
It's the repeated use of that word "unhinged" that whets my appetite so...
* May contain nuts.

gr8gonzo

Thank you for spelling 'whets' correctly. Hate to have to file a complaint.  ;)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg

well, I am right whetted, but is it going to be available other than the magazine?  please?

/whine over

Pedro

Just heard that the CD will NOT be with the next issue.
Contractural problems....apparently.
Just another knob-up in the ELP PR machine?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

Quote from: "Pedro"Just heard that the CD will NOT be with the next issue.

Or even contractual ones... (she adds, pedantically)

What a pain! I was so looking forward to a bit of unhingement.

turbo

Quote from: "Pedro"Just heard that the CD will NOT be with the next issue.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :cry:   :x
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Jem

This is why I dislike most 70's prog. All that's left of that golden era are a bunch of 35 year old lawyers arguing with each other about rights and money. Meanwhile it's the public that lose out. It's pathetic.

I really feel for the guys at Classic Rock, they've spent a load of money on this and bent over backwards to try and make it work with the absolute best intentions at the centre of it. I've just lost a week's hard work, no big deal really, they've just lost a good few month's worth.

With regard to my bit of this whole saga, the Copland Estate have made it clear that I am not allowed to release Frost's version of Fanfare at any time ever. Ever. And this goes for the Frost Reports too. A combined 26 minutes of world class Frosty goodness that I'm also not allowed to play anybody at any time in perpetuity.

So that's nice.  :evil:

My apologies to everybody who was looking forward to it, but I can't do anything about it. If you see Jerry and any of the  guys and gals of Classic Rock Presents...at High Voltage, make sure to give 'em a hug and thank them for their time and effort on trying to make this whole thing happen, they'll really appreciate it. They were so excited about it and now they're absolutely gutted and I totally feel for them.

MikeEvs

That's such a shame Jem was really looking forward to hearing what unhinged madness you'd unleashed on fanfare, feel sorry for everyone who's put time and effort into this project to see it go to waste :x

Phrog

Aww shit  :( Maybe something will happen in future that resolves the issues...

Not to worry though, we all still appreciate the work that went in from all parties (excluding certain lawyers). Besides, it wouldn't be Frost* release without a third party putting a spanner in it, now would it  :P

Even if this never sees the light of day, at least this didn't happen:  :shock:

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Jem"With regard to my bit of this whole saga, the Copland Estate have made it clear that I am not allowed to release Frost's version of Fanfare at any time ever. Ever.
Well, what a bunch of utter, utter twats.
* May contain nuts.

Againesis

That's proper gutting that.  How's about playing it live on December 3rd?  We'll all promise to keep really quiet about it...honest!
There are only 10 types of people]

Drarok

metalmatt

I feel for everybody that was involved, it truly does suck.
"It\'s Phil Collins!... What\'s that Phil you need help with some lyrics, you think she has an Invisible Touch? Well you better ask her and find out."

geront

I never dreamed, in my worst nightmare, that my very first question to this forum and Jem, would be answered thus....  9/11, the Hindenburg, the Gulf of Mexico catastrophe, none hold a candle to this!  Please, please, tell me this is a cruel, horrid joke???

Please?

In an alternate Universe, quietly, in the stealth of night, a frightened yet determined Yankee crawls through shrubs and pickets, enters the sacred chambers of Sir Godfrey, and liberates the non-existing Fanfare for the Common Man audio and video recordings, leaving naught a whisper or note....  Within two days in this alternate Universe, suddenly, anonymously of course, the internet is flooded with these non-existing recordings, the shocking disappearance having been relayed to the authorities and lawyers, now was unleashed upon the unsuspecting public, who eagerly copied and distributed it, impassioned by their heart felt love of the non-existing recordings, and only too eager to send a wiggly wanker hand sign to those who would suppress genius, freedom, and the listening rights of countless billions.  Countless billions I say!  Regrettably, and much to the dismay of said authorities and lawyers, the non-existent recordings went viral.  Starving children in Darfur saw bundles descending from the sky, a vivid black asterick appearing symbol, burned into the bottom of their life saving food and supply drop crates, an eerie premonition of the consumable CD's enclosed in said crates, brandishing the very same black asterick appearing symbol....  New published photos released by NASA from the latest Mars orbiting satellite show the appearance of an visibly raised monolith, a dark and royal blue light, glowing around it's familiar asterick symbol appearance...  Unexplained crowds gathered in the streets, stomping their feet in rhythm, their voices mingling to be as one, the simple line of song, repeated over and over again.... "You are all liars!"

Forgive my grief, tis almost overwhelming, I must say... :(  I'm truly sorry Jem that your efforts will not receive the rave appreciation it would easily garner from this.  

Tony
www.tonygeron.com

Frost bitten and flea ridden, a scoundrel and scholar betwixt...