Main Menu

TPE Snowman

Started by Mooncat, July 05, 2010, 06:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

Have to say I'm truly loving the TPE version of 'Snowman', but have a couple of questions for either Jem, of those of you that were lucky enough to be there.

I'm guessing that the trusty loop station was deployed, but how much was looped 'live'  ?
Was only Jem 'present'  or were some of the harmonies that come in later the other guys ?
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

gr8gonzo

Jem performed the entire song using the Tenori On. I imagine some pre-programming was involved. The harmonies were just him adding layers to the loop.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mouse

I remember seeing a fab video on YouTube which showed it all perfectly, but I don't know if it's still around...

Pedro

I saw that too but I think it got taken down. Not sure why, I fairly sure Jem didn't complain.
Are RosFest "precious" about YouTubes? I know some outfits try to get videos taken down from time to time
I suppose we can't rule out the possibility that the owner of the clip might have thought they could make something from it(?). It was certainly a once-in-a-lifetime recording and it appeard to be the only clip (there do seem to be very few of us who record these things for Frost*erity).  :cry:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

IIRC, the audio was rather badly distorted on that clip. Picasso and Dali were both impressed.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"IIRC, the audio was rather badly distorted on that clip. Picasso and Dali were both impressed.
LOL
Yes, I think I recall that....but now we could re-build it....we have the technology!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"