Main Menu

Black Bonzo

Started by Bert, July 22, 2010, 10:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

Hello everybody.

Went to see Black Bonzo last night in a bar in Norwich. I'd never heard them before.

I rarely get excited about bands - last one was Tinyfish and before that Frost* - and I'm not easily impressed, so believe me when I tell you that I was utterly blown away. They were absolutely f*****g brilliantly awesome !! If you get the chance, you MUST see them. It's not prog, but it is hard rock of a type that should fill the heart of any prog fan inhabiting hereabouts.

If you don't believe me ask Johninblack, cos he was there too.

Black Bonzo - officially my new favourite band (present company and the "other place" excepted + Rush)

ithangu

Thu 22 july - The 12 Bar, Swindon, UK
Fri 23 july – The Luminaire, London, UK
Sat 24 july - The Wesley Centre, Rotherham, UK
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

johninblack

I'd say they sound like Uriah Heep, Led Zepplin and Deep Purple playing the kind of Prog you've never heard before :D
Definitely see them if you get the chance, they really do ROCK!! Sue and Sam were blown away too. ProgDog said hello to them afterwards. 8-)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mouse

I've had one of their tracks on the iPod for a while now, and have really enjoyed it. They've been on my 'Investigate Further' list for some time, and this might be the push I need into the deep end. I'm not going to get to see them live, but I will chase them up online and explore.

Oh yes, I believe it is the Luminaire gig which will have support from our very own Dec! So there's another reason to go!

johninblack

Mouse, get more Black Bonzo, you won't regret it I'm sure. Even ProgDog recommends them!!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

RacingHippo

Quote from: "johninblack"Even ProgDog recommends them!!
Yeah, but only because Bonzo's a dog. And a famous one, with a Doo-Dah band, at that.
* May contain nuts.

Ecosse

I've got 2 Black Bonzo albums, heard them ages ago, had to actually get the albums off iTunes cause I couldn't find them anywhere else!
| Chris |
Twitter

owen

my dog's called Bonzo. He's dark brown though

johninblack

Quote from: "owen"my dog's called Bonzo. He's dark brown though
Our first Labrador was called Bonzo and he was Black. We like Black Labs, ProgDog is our second.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

I like dogs....especially Prog Dog....but only other people's dogs and for short-ish times. Pet hair sets my hay-fever off after a while, unfortunatley.

As for Black Bonzo, I got their second CD when I saw then at Rotherham and I got their new one at the Kilburn gig.
But I didn't find myself wanting to listen to the 2nd CD very much beyond a few weeks after the Rotherham gig.
I wonder if I'll feel the same about the new one?
Could it be that they are one of those bands that are brilliant to watch live and just "ok" to listen to?  :?
I'll give the new CD a lot more chances of course but it hasn't grabbed me yet (but then I'm still buzzing from High Voltage so perhaps it's not the best time....)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

johninblack

Quote from: "Pedro"But I didn't find myself wanting to listen to the 2nd CD very much beyond a few weeks after the Rotherham gig.
I wonder if I'll feel the same about the new one?
We're all different   :D  I'm playing that one to death still and I've had it for 18 months or more
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"