Main Menu

Balloons!

Started by Jem, July 26, 2010, 04:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Sorry I've not been around this last couple of weeks, I've had such a bonkers amount of dayjob to do.

BUT! it's all done now and I'm having a couple of weeks off so I'll do some catching up, do the blog etc etc...  :D

Claudio

Just FROST*

Mordwin

Well, those bills don't pay themselves... hope it's all been suitably profitable and look forward to the coming madness :D

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

MrBabou

Balloons? Did I miss something?

I may just be plain stupid as well...  :lol:
"The mind is like a parachute: it works best when it\'s open"... Frank Zappa

Pedro

No, this is just a normal 'Jemanese' exclamation, like "Bassoon!". :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

gr8gonzo

Hurry up and get your ballons! I've heard there's only 99 luft!
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Bert

Quote from: "Jem"Sorry I've not been around this last couple of weeks, I've had such a bonkers amount of dayjob to do.

BUT! it's all done now and I'm having a couple of weeks off so I'll do some catching up, do the blog etc etc...  :D

Personally, I think you should have a holiday and not worry about us. We'll be fine. It'll still be here after you come back. The kettle's on and the biscuits are in the tin.

Sit back, relax...  :)
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Dr.Ripper

He said balloons and I got excited and opened the thread but there were no balloons :(
whut

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Dr.Ripper"He said balloons and I got excited and opened the thread but there were no balloons :(

And no clowns either; no clowns ...  :(

(But I think Bert's right, Jem: get ye on a holiday and we'll keep the place spick and span ... OI! Whose crumbs are those?!  ;) )

MarkOneMusic

Apropos balloons.

Last saturday but one, we had a small party for which I bought a helium tank and balloons.  Much fun was had letting them all off in the evening*

*all except the 4ft inflatable horse (you had to be there) which stayed tied to our bannisters for most of last week, so we could say 'morning horsie' to it each morning as we came down stairs.

On Friday afternoon I tied a label to it which said "How far did I get?: Write to the address below and let them know" and we had a horsie farewell ceremony in the back garden before launching it into the wide blue yonder.

For a minute we thought it was going to crash into the tree our neighbours have, but after encouraging it with cries of 'fly horsie fly!' It cleared the roofs and disappeared off into the distance.  Last seen as a barely visible spec.  Nobody has contacted us yet.  Not even any angry looking Civil Aviation Authority people.

gr8gonzo

:D  that's awesome. love that story.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg

that'll give Pink Floyd fans nightmares....

Mouse

Great story, that.  :)

@Rog: Heh.