DIY Drummers headphones

Started by Bokkie, July 27, 2010, 03:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokkie

Recently I were looking for some headphones that i could use during drum recording sessions. I have a great pare from Beyerdynamic 770, but there was still a lot of bleeding through the headphones. So i went to the store and found some Ficfirth  headphones. They looked alright, but they fitted like shit. I couldn't hear properly and my ears probably  would hurt after a while.
As a former cabinet maker and a Do It Yourself enthusiast, i came up with the following plan:
I had an old pare of Peltor ear-protectors    lying around and bought a cheap pare of sennheizer headphones.

They work perfectly!!
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

gav

Very nice!
I've got an old pair of headphones with a broken 'frame' and I can probably pick up a decent pair of ear defenders for a couple of quid down a carboot, so I think I might give this a try.

Cheers Bokkie! :D
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

gav

J'ai fini!
I picked up some ear defenders from the local builders merchants this morning for about four quid and installed the speakers when I had a spare half hour after lunch. They work a treat! Although they don't look quite as good as yours, Bokkie (they are the nicest shade of hard hat orange) :lol:

Bokkie

Oh that is fabulous, congrats!! Like to see a picture though

gav

Of course!

The sound attenuation is brilliant!

RacingHippo

I want to paint my DT770s bright orange.
* May contain nuts.

gav

At least I won't lose them! :lol:

Bokkie

And you will be seen in every situation: safety first :-)

Looks great, job well done!

Mouse

There's some great stuff going on in this thread in true Blue Peter-style. Love it, chaps.  :)