Frost* music inside RockBand Network?? (PS3/XBox360)

Started by LunaticSoul, July 27, 2010, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordwin

I'd imagine if it's a cover version, it'll be Jem's call as I'm fairly sure the song copyrights are his (though I guess there may be some arrangement with IO even there), using the original recording would involve IO though as the recordings on the CD are definitely their copyright for now. No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong :D

MrBabou

A little off topic, but I just wanted to mention that I'm happy to see more prog in those types of games. Obviously, for now only more popular prog bands find there way there, but I was surprised when they announced Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, which includes the very first epic in this game genre: the entire 2112 track from Rush!! Paving the way for Milliontown maybe?  ;)

I just might have a reason to buy myself a gaming console now...
"The mind is like a parachute: it works best when it\'s open"... Frank Zappa

LunaticSoul

Quote from: "SerFox"In Guitar Hero 1, since it was a new franchise, it provided cover songs instead of originals.

Would IO or in fact, Jem, have any problem with a cover version?

It involves finding musicians, yes... however...

Rhythm games doesn't have had any covers since Rock Band 1 (2006). Now they do even have bands that re-record the song to make it playable for the game (Motorhead did it for RB2 :p), that shouldn't be a great a problem  :)

Pedro

Well, well, this gets interesting....

The new version of RockBand (and no doubt Guitar Hero, etc.) will support this little gizmo....

It basically allows you to connect any Midi keyboard or drum kit to the console (PS3, XBox360, Wii) and use it in the game.

Here's what the game guitar and keyboard will look like :-

A close look shows that the guitar has strummable "strings" and a button for every string at every fret.
The two-octave keytar has coloured zones for "simple" play but I believe it will have a pro mode that resolves down to actual keys.
Oh, and both can apparently be used to send midi to real gear too.

Yes, they *are* just toys/gimmicks but they're slowly getting better and closer to teaching the real thing.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

LunaticSoul

There is also a  real Fender Squier for the new mode of the game , and it is a REAL guitar.  :mrgreen:

Also, HMX announced RBN 2.0, it will launch with Rock Band 3 and will make creators able to create keyboard parts for the songs  :shock:. (I can't even imagine how cool would be to have real keyboard parts for Frost*!)

(Guitar Hero will not have nor keys nor pro guitar, however..They decided to stick with the usual plastic guitar gameplay)

Nick The Newbie

Has anyone seen any progress on this? All those "pro-mode" instruments would be very fun to play, especially if you hook up a real drum kit to rock band using the midi adapter. Does Jem still not have the rights to the milliontown stems?

Pedro

Quote from: "Nick The Newbie"Has anyone seen any progress on this? All those "pro-mode" instruments would be very fun to play, especially if you hook up a real drum kit to rock band using the midi adapter. Does Jem still not have the rights to the milliontown stems?
Not yet, no. I don't know exactly when the contract runs out. I thought about getting the pro interface and trying my Roland kit but never did. Haven't really had time to play games recently. :(
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Nick The Newbie

My friend has a roland v-drum kit, and I got to try it out with the midi adapter on pro mode. It's extremely fun, and a great way to learn to play.