Frost* music inside RockBand Network?? (PS3/XBox360)

Started by LunaticSoul, July 27, 2010, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunaticSoul

Hello to all the frost* fans! I'm an italian fan who is also a player of the famous game Rock Band, available for PS3/XBox360/WII.. It's a rhythm game based on rock songs, in which players can "play" drums/guitar/bass/vocals to their favourite tunes.  (//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_(video_game)).

HMX Games launched a new tool called Rock Band Network that gives artists and labels the ability to put their songs inside the game.
Here's the press release //http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152225 about it.

Not only would be a way to spread to the huge community of RB the Frost* music, but would be also a great occasion for fans like me that can't wait to play the entire Frost* discography. Both Milliontown and Experiments in Mass Appeal albums would be great, eheh  :mrgreen:

Here you can find some good info about the entire project!

//http://creators.rockband.com/ - It is the site of the RBN.
//http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156832 Topic with all the sites of the charting groups, independent studios that using the song can create the proper song chart for the game.

Can't wait to hear about what the band thinks about it!!

I Would like to remember that I'm just a fan and I don't earn money promoting RBN in any kind of way. I want to spend mine instead buying Frost* tunes inside the game  :mrgreen:

---

I forgot to say that with Rock Band 3 (out this winter holidays) they will probably add Keyboards inside the Rock Band Network, Frost* music would be a GREAT addiction, I want to play Hyperventilate with keys added  8-)

SerFox

I'd love to see this. I'd buy Rock Band to jam along to Frost* :D

Btw, Tap Studio Pro allows you to make Tap Tap songs for anything, on the iPhone. It's brilliant fun. Closest ya gonna get!

LunaticSoul

Quote from: "SerFox"I'd love to see this. I'd buy Rock Band to jam along to Frost* :D

Btw, Tap Studio Pro allows you to make Tap Tap songs for anything, on the iPhone. It's brilliant fun. Closest ya gonna get!

The bassist of my "virtual band" loves Tap Tap.  :mrgreen:
I used to enjoy other music games, but Rock Band is really the best! Thanks to RBN I can hope to get my favourite bands, can't wait to hear what Jem thinks about it.. I'm sure frost*'s songs would be a great success, it seems like the fanbase of RB loves Prog.  :)

SerFox

It would be a lot of work. It would involve getting Jem to actually give up the separate stems of the tracks, then to manually splice each instance up in four different ways (For the four difficulties) then put them all back together along with a rhythm pattern programmed to them. I don't know how easy that is, or if third parties get access to the tools.

Jem

I'd love to, but InsideOut own the recordings at the moment and as such I can't releases stems of the multitrack without their say so.

Me? I say nothing...I'm not allowed.  :!:

LunaticSoul

Quote from: "SerFox"It would be a lot of work. It would involve getting Jem to actually give up the separate stems of the tracks, then to manually splice each instance up in four different ways (For the four difficulties) then put them all back together along with a rhythm pattern programmed to them. I don't know how easy that is, or if third parties get access to the tools.

Labels/groups just have to give the stems to one of the many creator groups, they don't have to do the charting themselves.. Charting is an art and it's not easy to do without a great knowledge of the game mechanics  :mrgreen:

Quote from: "Jem"I'd love to, but InsideOut own the recordings at the moment and as such I can't releases stems of the multitrack without their say so.

Me? I say nothing...I'm not allowed.  :!:

Hey Jem, thanks for the answer! So I might have to think about contacting InsideOut label directly.. Mmh.. for Frost* it's worth a try! Even though I think they will mark my e-mail as spam, eheh  :oops:

Nick The Newbie

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's interested in this!(viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1772)

If there's anything that we fans can do to show our support and help make this happen, please let us know!

LunaticSoul

Quote from: "Nick The Newbie"Glad to see I'm not the only one who's interested in this!(viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1772)

If there's anything that we fans can do to show our support and help make this happen, please let us know!

A RBN creator is actively interested on bringing "moar" Prog inside Rock Band: I read he's trying to contact InsideOut label, you might want to do that too because one message might be skipped, but 1 of 3/4/232039430948 would be surely read  :mrgreen: .  I tried to contact them from here //http://www.insideout.de/catalog/nachricht.php?language=en

Btw, Frost* + RB3 =

:mrgreen:

Nick The Newbie

What do you think I should say? Just that I love frost music and I would buy it if it was released on RBN?

LunaticSoul

Quote from: "Nick The Newbie"What do you think I should say? Just that I love frost music and I would buy it if it was released on RBN?

Add info about the RBN with links as I did in the first post of this thread, not with the same words because I did copy/paste in my mail  :mrgreen:

SerFox

In Guitar Hero 1, since it was a new franchise, it provided cover songs instead of originals.

Would IO or in fact, Jem, have any problem with a cover version?

It involves finding musicians, yes... however...

Nick The Newbie

Well the difference in GH1 was that the covers were done by an in house band. In order for covers to be allowed on the RBN, the performing band has to obtain the proper licensing for the song, so I don't know what kind of headache that could cause with Jem's label.

rogerg

and could the house band play them anyway!!   8-)

RacingHippo

Quote from: "SerFox"In Guitar Hero 1, since it was a new franchise, it provided cover songs instead of originals.
Would IO or in fact, Jem, have any problem with a cover version?
I was wondering that myself...
* May contain nuts.

Nick The Newbie

Well either way, I'll shoot an e-mail to IO this week and show my support for this.