Frost* Forum Collab Song - the Discussion thread (TDT!)

Started by El_Mayonnaise, August 02, 2010, 02:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El_Mayonnaise

I'm only a nipper in the grand scheme of things but has a forum song been attempted yet?

Theres guitarists and drummers and synthists and more on the good ship frost so I don't see why not.

Of course if its been attempted, where is it? Was it good? Did it nosedive?

How bout it? :D

MOD EDIT: Renamed thread.

Mouse

I think there have been several suggestions of collaboration, but I don't think any concrete plans have materialised yet.

There're plenty of lyrics in the limericks thread!  ;)

Drarok

Aye, sawtooth was working on something before he went on holiday, but I've not heard from him (her?) since. :(

El_Mayonnaise

It'd be a mighty conquest.

I could imagine some problems arising in members dying to show off their chops though but then again whats so bad about that  :mrgreen:

A few rules might be useful though. For example, if we could have a master masterer so that no one starts turning the volume down on others parts. Only contributing one or two stems could be beneficial to us all too.

Lets get one of them dearest mods in on this as they seem to get quite a bit of respect  ;)

Mouse

Quote from: "Drarok"Aye, sawtooth was working on something before he went on holiday, but I've not heard from him (her?) since. :(

He has been a bit absent recently, hasn't he?  ;)  (I made that mistake with Nicky V - never again!)

Mouse

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"A few rules might be useful though. For example, if we could have a master masterer so that no one starts turning the volume down on others parts. Only contributing one or two stems could be beneficial to us all too.

I agree that some kind of master structure would be useful if this project was to ever take off. It's the only form of structure we'd ever see in this place!  :lol:

For example, did you know that Barahachhetra is a village development committee in Sunsari District in the Kosi Zone of south-eastern Nepal? At the time of the 1991 Nepal census it had a population of 8602 people living in 1695 individual households.

Pedro

I tried to get one started but the obnus was on me to sort the framework and I am hopeless at completing projects.

RWA did a great track that had some Frost*ie input (bass I think).
I'll find the links later but I'm under pressure to do other things right now, like cook tea!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

El_Mayonnaise

Lets start the ball rolling then  :lol:

BPM: 137    ;)

gav

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"Lets start the ball rolling then  :lol:

Oh... :(  I would have prefered the slightly more jolly tempo of 139BPM ;)
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

rogerg

Quote from: "gav"
Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"Lets start the ball rolling then  :lol:

Oh... :(  I would have prefered the slightly more jolly tempo of 139BPM ;)

I think it should be divisible by seven.

(this is my "birth-year" post.  1962!!)   8-)

Pedro

The only thing to get anywhere was RWA's excellent composition :-

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1400&start=41#p28057

The idea I had literally years ago, is still waiting for me to progress it :-

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1802#p32946

Might get re-inspired....one day.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

El_Mayonnaise

That's pretty good that is.

It astounds me that a drummers job can be left to a robot so professionally. We're a dying breed I fear  :(

If anyone would care to donate anything else( a riff, beat, vocal line, fart etc) we can give this leviathan a kick up the backside and into first gear  :D

E.S.

I'd love to join. I'll see if I have some useful riffs or something.

Does anyone know a good place to host audio? I'm afraid I don't have my own website yet.

Mouse

rogerg

Quote from: "Mouse"I can't recommend Bandcamp enough.

why not?   :D