Catching up...

Started by Wickerman, August 03, 2010, 11:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wickerman

Hello everyone. I used to get on here quite a lot, particularly on the old (or even older than that?) forum, but don't get so much time to visit these days - even though I'm still avidly following Frost* and the blog. So I thought I'd sign in today and find out what everyone's up to. It turns out, however, that there have been MANY threads and lots of news whilst I've had my head stuck in the world of Doctor Who!

So short of employing a secretary to sift through it all and make me a sensible and organised bullet-pointed list, I thought I'd start a thread and invite people to update it with any projects they're working on / personal news etc. It doesn't even need to be music-related, although I know there are a lot of musicians on here. It could be about tea and biscuits...

Pedro

Welcome back! :)

Jem's on holiday in Norfolk
JM's on a boat near Oban
I'm eating a salad

...erm, is there anything else?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

I'm rather smitten with Amy Pond.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

catherine

I'm supposed to be going to Summers End with Bert in October but all the excitement and anticipation have proved too much for him and he's now in hospital. (Please get well soon, Bert!)

Dec's released a cracking new album (available from www.decburke.com), and is playing at the Cambridge Rock Festival - with band! - on Friday 6th August.

rogerg

welcome back, wicker!

we're in the process of trying to sell our house...

LivingForever

How long have you been away?

Philadelphia and I (who met and started dating at the Frost* Xmas gig in 2008) have just moved to London (within walking distance of The Peel!)

This is A Good Thing.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Pedro

It's a nice looking flat too. :)

LivingForever

Quote from: "Pedro"It's a nice looking flat too. :)

STALKER!!
 :D

Pedro

Quote from: "LivingForever"
Quote from: "Pedro"It's a nice looking flat too. :)
STALKER!!
 :D
FACEBOOK SHOWOFF!! ;)

LivingForever

Quote from: "Pedro"]FACEBOOK SHOWOFF!! ;)

Owned.

Pedro

LOL

Seriously jealous of the lack of clutter...unless it IS really like our place and, like a sliding-tile puzzle, you had to shove mountains of crap from room to room to clear the one you were taking a picture of! ;)

Jem

According to the Times, Benedict Cumberbatch has signed up to be Dr Who in 2011. This is a GOOD thing.  :D

LivingForever

Quote from: "Pedro"LOL

Seriously jealous of the lack of clutter...unless it IS really like our place and, like a sliding-tile puzzle, you had to shove mountains of crap from room to room to clear the one you were taking a picture of! ;)

It's not quite like that - but there are two big closets full of boxes which will probably never be unpacked... And bear in mind that we haven't really lived here yet, it's very early days!

Mooncat

QuoteAccording to the Times, Benedict Cumberbatch has signed up to be Dr Who in 2011. This is a GOOD thing.

Cool, am really liking 'Sherlock' which I remarked t'other day has some Dr Who'isms about it (then I realised that Steve Moffat and Mark Gatiss were involved so that kind of answered that).
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

RacingHippo

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"I'm rather smitten with Amy Pond.
Come, Gonz- that's hardly news now, is it?

Besides, every right-thinking male is rather smitten with Ms Pond. And I think rightly as rather a lot where she's concerned.

Erm...
  • Frost* released the best live album I've ever heard. And that's not just fanboy talk either. It really is astoundingly good. This is GOOD.
  • I've joined a band that isn't remotely prog. Yet. This, despite appearances, is good.
  • Our local Co-op has run out of Fox's Crunch Creams. This is bad.
* May contain nuts.