Main Menu

Robin 2 bilston

Started by turbo, August 08, 2010, 02:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbo

I'm thinking of taking my little gang of frosties [about six of us] to see frost* at the robin and i was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice about the local area, what hotels [and pubs] are best etc, already going to islington but i thought i might as well go to Wolverhampton as well it is christmas after all. :D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Pedro

It's only about 90 mins drive from here so we don't stop over and don't have much before and after time for pubbery, sorry.
There is a hotel built-in to the venue but no idea what it's like.
Not much help....it's a good venue though, Summer's End used to be held there.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

keithd

Quote from: "Pedro"It's only about 90 mins drive from here so we don't stop over and don't have much before and after time for pubbery, sorry.
There is a hotel built-in to the venue but no idea what it's like.
Not much help....it's a good venue though, Summer's End used to be held there.

I've booked in there, so I hope it's OK.
My Hovercraft is full of eels

turbo

Just bought six tickets and booked in the robin hotel [thanks for the heads up pedro] the young lady on the phone said there had been a lot of interest for the frost gig so it looks like ticket sales might be going well, also it will be one of my sons twenty first birthday that day as well so a good night looks like a distinct possibility  :D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

El_Mayonnaise

I've also got a little gang of Frosties coming, not even hardcore frosties like myself  :lol:
Girlfriend, best friend, mum, sis, bro. Frost* really does appeal to a lot of people.

turbo

A rival gang hey, well dont dis me blud or this could turn into a blood bath.   :lol:
?"By the beard of Zeus"

gav

Yo yo yo, Dawgs...

Let's not do anything stupid in da hood or I might have to beat ya'll to death with yaw own shoes...er...homies... :roll:
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Mossive Attack

The Bilston hotel is great .....and very convenient of course!

There's a great pub just round the corner for pre-gig refreshment...the name of which escapes me now...but I will advise in due course.
The artist formerly known as Rob-M....

Mossive Attack

The Pub is called the Olde White Rose by the way. Hopefully see some of you there on Sunday weather permitting!
The artist formerly known as Rob-M....

Mooncat

Sure will, Dena & VitP are due to be in attendance too!!! :D

Ooopps, and Batchain too!!!! (Sorry :oops: )
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

turbo

Quote from: "rob-m"The Pub is called the Olde White Rose by the way. Hopefully see some of you there on Sunday weather permitting!

Cheers rob-m i dare say me and the lads will make our way there wheather permitting of course, its my sons twenty first on sunday so we may be hitting the hooch a little.  :lol:
?"By the beard of Zeus"

El_Mayonnaise

I seem to have an extra ticket if anyone wants it. I don't know if the gigs sold out but i'll sell it for a discount if you want it.

Batchain

Agree with rob-m the Robin Hotel is great and very good value.  You get a full-english thrown in as well.  Watch out for Lynne the cooks legendary rock-hard bacon though.

B xx  :lol:
Doin\' the work of a hundred men......

Dena

I'll second Batchain on the rock hard bacon, but the breakfast is just what's needed the morning after the night before. For the caffiene-heads there's also loadsa coffee on the go.

I will certainly be in attendance at Bilston, along with Vit P, and the Olde White Rose is pretty much a certainty for pre-gig drinks.  I'm guessing that we will be in there from about 4ish.

I saw the guys at Islington last night, and what a gig.  Blunders is just sublime on those drums.  I think you're in for a treat tomorrow!  ;)
Innit.

keithd

Hopefully the weather will be OK. Hope to be there at about 4pm. I'll look forward to the breakfast   :)
My Hovercraft is full of eels