Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)

Started by RWA, August 10, 2010, 08:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

I'm VERY interested but I've been holding off cos there's heaps of me in there already.
I too hope that all those who signed-up can contribute in some way.

@Ron: Will you sort the pitch-bend and add the You/I vox?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"I'm VERY interested but I've been holding off cos there's heaps of me in there already.

I all ready did but thought it was to minor to justify a new version. Let me upload it anyway so we all know where we stand.

Also, keep the ideas coming Pedro. If others won't bother it doesn't you shouldn't either. Let's keep this ship sailing.

gav

I feel really annoyed that I can't physically help, because I just don't have any recording gear! :evil:
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Drarok

I've recorded a few little bits and pieces, but I always feel my stuff is too plain, boring, or just crappy. :(

catherine

I can't get any sound into my PC at the moment  :?

Brodie

Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "Pedro"I'm VERY interested but I've been holding off cos there's heaps of me in there already.

I all ready did but thought it was to minor to justify a new version. Let me upload it anyway so we all know where we stand.

Also, keep the ideas coming Pedro. If others won't bother it doesn't you shouldn't either. Let's keep this ship sailing.

Will pitch in soon - distraction has too many guises !

Brodie
These are words with a \'D\' this time..

RWA

FFCS version 8 is uploaded.

No big changes, only the You/I vocal section by Pedro is added. I've sliced it up a bit to make it sound more in sync with the music.

Also, I can't seem to figure out what you mean with the bend problem Pedro. Perhaps you can upload a correct version so I can hear what you mean. Might as well be an audio version so I can copy and paste it into the project.

Drarok: I've left comments in your box.net folder. The building section is nice but I need to know the exact tempo.  :)

We're moving again!

Drarok

Good question regarding the tempo, I'll have to check the project file when i get home later!

As for the other one, I knew it was a bit out, but thought it might be a waste of time re-recording if it wasn't any good. :)

RWA

Quote from: "Drarok"Good question regarding the tempo, I'll have to check the project file when i get home later!

As for the other one, I knew it was a bit out, but thought it might be a waste of time re-recording if it wasn't any good. :)
Can't say for sure if the up tempo part will be used but I DO like it. So it's worth fixing.
As for the tempo drift; perhaps it's prog XXXL and we just don't recognize it yet!  ;)

Pedro

Quote from: "RWA"FFCS version 8 is uploaded.
Also, I can't seem to figure out what you mean with the bend problem Pedro.
Hi Ron, thanks for that.
Oddly the pitch bend is now fine in Version 8, it was wrong in Version 7.
BUT the end of the solo now doesn't fade out and there is a big bum note after the note that should have faded.
There's already 4 different mp3 versions of the solo in my folder that illustrate the fade out but you had the fade out nailed in Version 7. Strange.  :?

Also, Rog's organ(har!) triad bit has disappeared. There's just drums there now...deliberate?

I see what you did with the You/I vox. Not a massive change but sounds good either way to me. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Drarok

Quote from: "RWA"Can't say for sure if the up tempo part will be used but I DO like it. So it's worth fixing.
As for the tempo drift; perhaps it's prog XXXL and we just don't recognize it yet!  ;)
Nah, I just suck at recording to a click track. >_<

I've re-done bits and uploaded now, let me know if you want any individual tracks. The bpms are in the filename now. :)

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "RWA"FFCS version 8 is uploaded.
Also, I can't seem to figure out what you mean with the bend problem Pedro.
Hi Ron, thanks for that.
Oddly the pitch bend is now fine in Version 8, it was wrong in Version 7.
BUT the end of the solo now doesn't fade out and there is a big bum note after the note that should have faded.
There's already 4 different mp3 versions of the solo in my folder that illustrate the fade out but you had the fade out nailed in Version 7. Strange.  :?

Also, Rog's organ(har!) triad bit has disappeared. There's just drums there now...deliberate?

I see what you did with the You/I vox. Not a massive change but sounds good either way to me. :)
Hmmm. I should've checked the entire thing before uploading. This was imported into Cubase 5 (build in 4) which shouldn't cause problems but obviously always does. Sorry for that. I didn't take the time to listen to the entire thing because only the end supposed to be different.

Anyway, all lame excuses for a rush job!  :oops:
 I'll take away version 8 and upload a proper one tomorrow.

RWA

Quote from: "Drarok"
Quote from: "RWA"Can't say for sure if the up tempo part will be used but I DO like it. So it's worth fixing.
Nah, I just suck at recording to a click track. >_<

I've re-done bits and uploaded now, let me know if you want any individual tracks. The bpms are in the filename now. :)
Excellent. Will look at it tomorrow.  :)

RWA

Jamyu