Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)

Started by RWA, August 10, 2010, 08:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Fear not, the Forum elves are on the case.
....as they say, art is never finished...it's only abandoned....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

El_Mayonnaise

It's great that we could get Kanye West to do the vocals.

;)

RWA

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"It's great that we could get Kanye West to do the vocals.
 ;)
Gay fish!  :D
Then again, he's a genius AND the voice of this generation.  :P

FINAL RELEASE
I'd love to release it before Christmas. Then again, it's been 'released' since version 1 since it's all public stuff.
But I dare to claim version 13 is very much near the final version. It would be nice to have the full bass works of JIB included but that can be consider as a (very) nice bonus. I mean, the track has all the bass tracks it needs, it's just nicer to have them all done by a real bass player. But I can image JIB can't do all that in the next 2 weeks.

Also I would like some more vocal bits (the current bits have been used and abused and violated more then enough!) but I doubt that can be concluded within 2 weeks. Remember I have to add (and possibly edit) those parts into the project also and I can't work on the FFCS every day.

Anyway, if people have stuff to add then MAKE HASTE! so I have the time to put it in.
If not, we'll go with version 13 as the first final version. We can always make a second final version later, eh?  ;)

I will shoot a desktop video of the project so one can follow the track from beginning to end. My guess is it will make a bit more sense then the frozen image I've provided so far. If someone has the time and means to turn it into some sort of video then step forward please. Some artwork (that includes the credits of the ones involved) would be nice also.....

Be aware of what you promise though; we only have 3 weeks in total to complete it. So if anyone wants to do anything to get it released before Christmas then make sure you have time to do the work involved, k?!  :)

Pedro

I should be able to do the video with captions, etc. if you let me have your vid of the project, Ron.
My PC is dead but I should be able to get set up on Mrs. Pedro's PC to do this.

Drarok

I liked someone's idea of us videoing ourselves performing our parts, too. ¬_¬

Pedro

If peeps want to submit clips of them and their parts(har!) then these could be incorporated.

E.S.

True, music is never finished. But yes, 13 is pretty darn epic at the moment.

Can't wait to hear it with complete JiB bass myself.  :D

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"I should be able to do the video with captions, etc. if you let me have your vid of the project, Ron.
My PC is dead but I should be able to get set up on Mrs. Pedro's PC to do this.
I yet have to create it but I'll have it done somewhere next week.

Quote from: "Drarok"I liked someone's idea of us videoing ourselves performing our parts, too. ¬_¬
That was my idea but I had no clue we were going to deliver the thing before Christmas. I'll see what I can do but don't count on anything from me. Which reminds me; Racing Hippo DID shoot himself playing da bongo's. Pedro, you can find that footage in his personal folder over at Box.net.  :)

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Pedro"If peeps want to submit clips of them and their parts(har!) then these could be incorporated.
There's vid of me Bonging already submitted to the folder; I can bung you a higher res one directly if ya like.

If I get around to layin' down some drummage in the next week or so I'll video that, too.
* May contain nuts.

Jim Takacs

LOVE the Vocal Editing Ron!!  Hey, Jem's a Forum Member! Wonder if he would like to make a submission??  :shock:  :P
::I Like Cheese::

E.S.

Quote from: "RWA"That was my idea but I had no clue we were going to deliver the thing before Christmas.
Only a suggestion sir. If it can't be done, it can't be done. I know how much work this kind of thing is.

Would be nice though. No pressure..  :D

johninblack

Quote from: "E.S."True, music is never finished. But yes, 13 is pretty darn epic at the moment.

Can't wait to hear it with complete JiB bass myself.  :D
Easy, no problem I can get it all done by Christmas*

"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

RWA

Quote from: "E.S."
Quote from: "RWA"That was my idea but I had no clue we were going to deliver the thing before Christmas.
Only a suggestion sir. If it can't be done, it can't be done. I know how much work this kind of thing is.

Would be nice though. No pressure..  :D
Well, .... after giving it some proper thoughts .... I'm starting to wonder how realistic it is to create a proper (15 min) video within 2 to 3 weeks.

If I record a video of the project it will be of the current version. If new parts are being inserted (JIB playing bass, RH playing drums) it means the video isn't accurate anymore and has to be redone. Also, having video footage of people performing is great but so far we only have footage of Racing Hippo. If we want to include stuff like that then atleast most of us should provide footage. Speaking for myself, I doubt I'll be able to shoot it any time soon. Maybe I am, but most likely I'm not.

I think the main goal this month should be to present the song to Jem. Version 13 (the current one) or a possible version 14 with new additions. Because, let's face it, it took 15 months to get here; no need to rush towards the end just because Christmas is coming up.

My goal will be to include possible new audio tracks (JIB playing bass, RH playing drums) if they're provided in time AND if I can find the time to put them in. It usually comes with some editing and tweaking which takes a fair amount of time. And I will do the project video next week (just footage of the song running in Cubase so one can see which parts are where and who did what) to see if it works.
That's all I'll promise, k? Maybe I'll get more done but don't count on it.  :)

Pedro

Wise words, Ron.
I think the song will probably be deployed to Jem and the wider world via the Advent Calendar in one of the envelopes close to Christmas. We can then deliver a more rounded package with video etc. after that.
Make sense?

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"Wise words, Ron.
I think the song will probably be deployed to Jem and the wider world via the Advent Calendar in one of the envelopes close to Christmas. We can then deliver a more rounded package with video etc. after that.
Make sense?
Makes total sense!  :mrgreen: