Author Topic: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)  (Read 111036 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline johninblack

  • Global Moderator
  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • *****
  • Posts: 2320
    • View Profile
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #465 on: December 04, 2011, 06:12:49 PM »
Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "Pedro"
Wise words, Ron.
I think the song will probably be deployed to Jem and the wider world via the Advent Calendar in one of the envelopes close to Christmas. We can then deliver a more rounded package with video etc. after that.
Make sense?
Makes total sense!  :mrgreen:
Does that mean I really have till Christmas 2012?   :mrgreen:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Offline Pedro

  • Global Moderator
  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • *****
  • Posts: 6541
    • View Profile
    • http://pedro-notmuchtosay.blogspot.com/
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #466 on: December 04, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »
:D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Offline RacingHippo

  • Administrator
  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • *****
  • Posts: 2698
    • View Profile
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #467 on: December 04, 2011, 08:29:09 PM »
Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "Pedro"
Wise words, Ron.
I think the song will probably be deployed to Jem and the wider world via the Advent Calendar in one of the envelopes close to Christmas. We can then deliver a more rounded package with video etc. after that.
Make sense?
Makes total sense!  :mrgreen:
Does that mean I really have till Christmas 2012?   :mrgreen:
For significance, we should continue tweaking it until Christmas 2112.
* May contain nuts.

Offline RWA

  • Fig Roll
  • *******
  • Posts: 990
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ronaldwahle.com
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #468 on: December 07, 2011, 05:06:40 PM »
Order please!!!! *bam beng kadeng!!!*  :x



Thanks.  :mrgreen:

Right! How to build an epic! Hear hear!
Well...... 'Watch Watch' actually but that's a silly thing to shout.
The project video I was talking about. It's a 'live' version of the project running in Cubase. Including credits 'n stuff.
Not the most exciting thing to watch, but very informative if you want to see how this thing was build:

FFCS version 13 video (Stream on Vimeo)

FFCS version 13 video (Download on Box.net)

Make sure to watch it full screen HD so you can see what's happening.

I've tried YouTube as well but it's declined because of the lenght! It's a bleeding epic I tell ya!!!!  :shock:
I thought YT could handle 10 hours per video nowadays?!  :?

Offline E.S.

  • Cadbury's Boaster
  • ********
  • Posts: 1072
    • View Profile
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #469 on: December 07, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »
Oops! Seems I'm not allowed to download it.  :?

Offline RWA

  • Fig Roll
  • *******
  • Posts: 990
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ronaldwahle.com
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #470 on: December 07, 2011, 07:22:32 PM »

Offline E.S.

  • Cadbury's Boaster
  • ********
  • Posts: 1072
    • View Profile
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #471 on: December 07, 2011, 10:10:32 PM »
Fun to see the music in action. Nice movie. :)

Offline RWA

  • Fig Roll
  • *******
  • Posts: 990
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ronaldwahle.com
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #472 on: December 07, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »
Quote from: "E.S."
Fun to see the music in action. Nice movie. :)
I shouldn't say this...... but I think.... this will FINALLY give me the well earn Oscar!  ;)

Offline johninblack

  • Global Moderator
  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • *****
  • Posts: 2320
    • View Profile
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #473 on: December 07, 2011, 10:27:40 PM »
Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "E.S."
Fun to see the music in action. Nice movie. :)
I shouldn't say this...... but I think.... this will FINALLY give me the well earn Oscar!  ;)
No question about that, you're a dead cert. :mrgreen:  :twisted:  :mrgreen:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Offline Drarok

  • Cadbury's Chocolate Finger
  • ******
  • Posts: 661
    • View Profile
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #474 on: December 07, 2011, 11:54:25 PM »
Hey, that's not my real name! ;)

Great vid though. :mrgreen:

Offline E.S.

  • Cadbury's Boaster
  • ********
  • Posts: 1072
    • View Profile
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #475 on: December 08, 2011, 02:51:03 AM »
But I didn't get it, how did the bad guy get away in the end?

Offline RWA

  • Fig Roll
  • *******
  • Posts: 990
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ronaldwahle.com
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #476 on: December 08, 2011, 08:04:21 AM »
Quote from: "Drarok"
Hey, that's not my real name! ;)
Oh, it's not?  :lol:
Please PM me your real name then. :)

Offline RWA

  • Fig Roll
  • *******
  • Posts: 990
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ronaldwahle.com
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #477 on: December 08, 2011, 08:05:06 AM »
Quote from: "E.S."
But I didn't get it, how did the bad guy get away in the end?
In 7/8 time signature!  :shock:

Offline Jim Takacs

  • Bourbon Cream
  • ***
  • Posts: 291
    • View Profile
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #478 on: December 14, 2011, 08:05:56 PM »
FFCS 13 Vid on Youtube..   I Uploaded it to my acct. cuz Im Special, well thats what My Mommy has always said..  Its Unlisted for now so the Public cant see it unless they have this link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2MsK1Vb ... e=youtu.be  Plus since Its Rons Vid and I Didnt get his permission to upload it.. :?  

If Yah want Ill add proper tags and descriptions and make it public....   Again, Excellent work Everyone! And Ron, you ok too!  ;)   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2MsK1Vb ... e=youtu.be
::I Like Cheese::

Offline RWA

  • Fig Roll
  • *******
  • Posts: 990
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ronaldwahle.com
Re: Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)
« Reply #479 on: December 14, 2011, 09:05:49 PM »
Quote from: "Jim Takacs"
FFCS 13 Vid on Youtube..   I Uploaded it to my acct. cuz Im Special, well thats what My Mommy has always said..  Its Unlisted for now so the Public cant see it unless they have this link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2MsK1Vb ... e=youtu.be  Plus since Its Rons Vid and I Didnt get his permission to upload it.. :?  

If Yah want Ill add proper tags and descriptions and make it public....   Again, Excellent work Everyone! And Ron, you ok too!  ;)   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2MsK1Vb ... e=youtu.be
Oh excellent!  :mrgreen:

Yes, you have permission to spread the word 'n stuff. The version on Vimeo is public also.
I also don't see a version 14 before the end of this year; I think we have to stick with 13 for now. I have more time  to work on FFCS between Christmas and Jan 2nd but it all comes down to being worth to update everything. I only do that if there are substantial changes to the song... since it's a lot of work to put everything in AND shoot a new video of it.

I might also use that week to shoot some video of meself. Possibly and probably in the nude.  :shock: