Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)

Started by RWA, August 10, 2010, 08:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

Would you consider reverting E.S.'s Snowman bridge back to its original length? I rather liked it as it was.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

I did wonder about trying to get vocal scales from people, 12 semitones of "ooh", "lah", "bum", (no offence to Jeff Wayne).
This could then be cut/paste assembled into a "choir" that might sound interesting....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Would you consider reverting E.S.'s Snowman bridge back to its original length? I rather liked it as it was.
I'll make note of it, k? If more people mention it I will.

Pedro

Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Would you consider reverting E.S.'s Snowman bridge back to its original length? I rather liked it as it was.
Happy to do a "best of" take of the 12-string if you do cut it back.  :)

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "RWA"
Happy to do a "best of" take of the 12-string if you do cut it back.  :)
I'll leave it for now. If more people mention a certain issue or make a suggestion I will follow it through of course. But if it's all the same to you I'm not gonna grand everyone's request right away. If I do someone else will post "to bad you changed that back; I kinda liked the way you altered it"!  :lol:

Besides; all the individual parts are (or will be) available for anyone to download anyway. Anyone can make his/her own mix if they want to and point out suggestions that way.  :)

gr8gonzo

My ears just felt that extra pass disrupted the flow of the song a bit. I won't be nitpicking every little thing - I promise!  :D Ultimately, it's your call, Ron. I leave it to you.

RWA

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"My ears just felt that extra pass disrupted the flow of the song a bit. I won't be nitpicking every little thing - I promise!  :D Ultimately, it's your call, Ron. I leave it to you.
No problem Gonzo! I just hope you understand I can't make eveyone happy. So far "just" 4 people collaborated but we all ready have 16 collaborators registered. And counting I assume!

You know, once this thing is finished it wouldn't surprise me if people started making remixes of it since all the individual parts well be available. That might become an experience on it's own.  :mrgreen:

gr8gonzo

I had the same thought. Since all of the parts (har!) will be available, everyone could make their own mixes if they felt so inclined. I've got a couple of projects to finish this week, then hope to jump in with new bits for the FFCS! RAWK!

RWA

You can now mess with my parts! -->//http://www.box.net/ffcs#/ffcs/1/49703264
They are the section 1 RWA parts (double har!). The drums are section 1 to 4.
Note: I prefer if someone took over the drums starting at section 4.

I've also included a tempo_track file but I'm not sure if this work in hosts other then Cubase/Nuendo (as in "not Steinberg"). Just try. Import everything at bar 1 and you should be fine.

Here's the image file of FFCS_version_4 of how it should look like:
//http://www.box.net/ffcs#ffcs/1/49613094/494110970/1

Drarok

Just uploaded a "Cruddy Section" MP3, I can't seem to come up with anything good today. Bah. :(

Noodled around a bit looking for inspiration, but nothing struck me. Thought I'd upload it in case it fires any neurons out there. Please forgive the terrible joins between takes, I only ever tidy them up on the 2nd pass. :)

mikebass

I will be more than willing to add some bassey goodness to this fine tuneage.
"Actually ladies and gentlemen, we\'ve got a massive problem with one of the computers...bloody huge. It may even kill us!"

Pedro

Yay! Please do.
It's there waiting to be done. :)

mikebass

I'm currently trying to catch up with this thread but I will try and get some bass lines down by next week.

EDIT: Right I think I'm upto date with this thread now, may read it again tomorrow. So where can I get me some of the MIDI files/tabs/sheet music and which parts are in need of real bass?
"Actually ladies and gentlemen, we\'ve got a massive problem with one of the computers...bloody huge. It may even kill us!"

Drarok

Read the 1st post, RWA has been pasting info there. Sign up to box.net - it's like Dropbox.

El_Mayonnaise

Totally agree with the idea of submitting the midi files for drums so that only one kit will be needed.

Just how do I do it though? :P

I have a Yamaha DTXpress IV and a laptop with reaper. Do I need some sort of MIDI to USB cable to allow me to record the midi notes?

Whats the best way to go about it?