Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)

Started by RWA, August 10, 2010, 08:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Takacs

Quote from: "RWA"Yes, you have permission to spread the word 'n stuff. The version on Vimeo is public also.
I also don't see a version 14 before the end of this year; I think we have to stick with 13 for now. I have more time  to work on FFCS between Christmas and Jan 2nd but it all comes down to being worth to update everything. I only do that if there are substantial changes to the song... since it's a lot of work to put everything in AND shoot a new video of it.

I might also use that week to shoot some video of meself. Possibly and probably in the nude.  :shock:

Oh YAY!!  Please wear that Smashing  Pretty Yellow Sundress of yours first though! Oh and those Tweed pumps!  :D
::I Like Cheese::

RWA

Quote from: "Jim Takacs"
Quote from: "RWA"Yes, you have permission to spread the word 'n stuff. The version on Vimeo is public also.
I also don't see a version 14 before the end of this year; I think we have to stick with 13 for now. I have more time  to work on FFCS between Christmas and Jan 2nd but it all comes down to being worth to update everything. I only do that if there are substantial changes to the song... since it's a lot of work to put everything in AND shoot a new video of it.

I might also use that week to shoot some video of meself. Possibly and probably in the nude.  :shock:

Oh YAY!!  Please wear that Smashing  Pretty Yellow Sundress of yours first though! Oh and those Tweed pumps!  :D
I said 'in the nude' ........  :?

Pedro

...but I thought we were planning to give version 13 to Jem (and the thousand+ calendar watchers) via the calendar on Dec 24th? Or are we now shouting to the world about it already?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"...but I thought we were planning to give version 13 to Jem (and the thousand+ calendar watchers) via the calendar on Dec 24th? Or are we now shouting to the world about it already?
Sure. But that suggests that this thing has been a secret all this time, which it is not. It's been an open project from version 1 and anyone could listen to it at any time. And the video I posted on Vimeo is public also. If it wasn't for YouTube being silly it would have been on there also since last week. I've also posted earlier versions of the song on Facebook previously through out the project. So again, anyone could've run into it at any time.

There's also little change I reckon of Jem noticing any of this because the man is far to busy to visit the forum or anything. He's preparing/ rehearsing / programming for the gig. Besides, he didn't seem to notice this thread in the last 15 months. Which I find hard to believe but my guess is he just left us running till we are done.  :)

I will stop spreading the word and stick with presenting it via the calender, k?
Sorry for the confusion.  :)

Pedro

Thanks Ron. It's a tad foolish of me I know but then....I still believe in Santa. ;)

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"Thanks Ron. It's a tad foolish of me I know but then....I still believe in Santa. ;)
Believe in Santa? What's there to believe? What are you implying?!  :shock:

RWA

After a fully grown elephant pregnancy of 16 months AND 6 days of labor........... we've delivered the baby!  :D
And it's still not fully grown!  :?

It's a monster......  :shock:

Thanks everyone so far. More to come next year I reckon.  8-)

Mooncat

Quality guys, absolute quality.

I know how difficult it is to get 4 people who play together regularly to sound cohesive in the studio, so to acheive it via the internet is truly a credit to everyone involved.

Now sit back, relax and have a mice pie  ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Mooncat"Now sit back, relax and have a mice pie  ;)

A mice pie, Mooncat? Under the assumption that the dropped "n" was deliberate, I feel compelled to point out that when animals are dragooned into filling the bellies of humans in pie, stew, or any other food product, they're usually referred to in the singular. So, a mouse pie, perhaps, but mice pie never.

Yes, I live in a bed designed by Möbius and I always get out of the wrong side of it ...  ;)

Mikey

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"So, a mouse pie, perhaps, but mice pie never.

Mouse, run and hide, they're after you
I used to have a signature

Pedro

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Yes, I live in a bed designed by Möbius and I always get out of the wrong side of it ...  ;)
You're lucky to get out at all! :)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Yes, I live in a bed designed by Möbius and I always get out of the wrong side of it ...  ;)
You're lucky to get out at all! :)

Oh, my Möbius bed has a side to get out of, but only one of them ...  ;)

There are nevertheless mornings when I'm quite taken with the idea of staying in the bed and I suspect tomorrow will be one of them ... bah, humbug!  8-)

rogerg

Special thanks to you, Ron!!  it wouldn't have happened but for your perseverance!!

thanks you!!  8-)

mikebass

I had almost forgotten about this until I checked the advent calendar. I have a new pc and haven't got any of my recording stuff sorted but if anymore bass is needed I'm sure I can get everything sorted soon.
"Actually ladies and gentlemen, we\'ve got a massive problem with one of the computers...bloody huge. It may even kill us!"

RWA

Quote from: "mikebass"I had almost forgotten about this until I checked the advent calendar. I have a new pc and haven't got any of my recording stuff sorted but if anymore bass is needed I'm sure I can get everything sorted soon.
JIB is working on bass right now so perhaps pm him to sort something out.

Current FFCS 13 status: 100 downloads reached today and counting!  :)