Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)

Started by RWA, August 10, 2010, 08:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

Hey ho and happy new year to everyone!  :D

Right.

I've given it a lot of thought... and I've decided it's time for me to step back from the FFCS.
Main reasons (in random order):

One could consider it pretty much done. Of course it is never really done and you could continue expending this thing for years to come. But I'm pretty much done with it. I know some are still working on stuff (or planning it) but that will always be the case. I really hope someone else takes over from here.

I've been 'in command' of this for about 16 months. It's healthy for someone else to take over. It will lead to new perspectives and new directions.

I have a lot coming up this year and want to finish and release a lot of stuff. Working on the FFCS has taken a lot of time and I'm always short on time!

I'll keep the FFCS project up on box.net. I will mix down all the individual tracks and put those up there as well. Together with the screen images, tempo track and video anyone can import the stuff into their own DAW and continue it. Or re-mix it. Or whatever. It's yours from now on.

Think nothing of it.  :)
It's just time for me to step back from this and move on. I will bother you with many releases to come, don't worry.  ;)

E.S.

Let me just say that the work you have done is awesome! Thank you so much! And I totally understand the need to move on.

If everyone involved are OK with it, I volunteer to take over the production part. I'm also a busy musician, but it's always possible to do a bit of work now and then. Also for FFCS2, if or when that happens. I actually have a tiiiny idea for that... but we'll see.  :)

I'm a Cubase user myself, so the transition should be relatively painless. I can even use the master project file if needed.

Pedro

HUGE thanks to Ron. We had more of your time than we deserved, much appreciated.
New thanks to ES,it would be good to let people finish off their bits for FFCS#1.
Excited by the idea of a new track/project too. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"HUGE thanks to Ron. We had more of your time than we deserved, much appreciated.
New thanks to ES,it would be good to let people finish off their bits for FFCS#1.
Excited by the idea of a new track/project too. :)
Word
I used to have a signature

Drarok

I'd like to add my thanks to all involved, but especially Ron. Onwards and upwards, eh? :D

fitzy

Really enjoyed FFCS ;),congrats to everyone involved,and look forward to your new music Ron!
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

RWA

Quote from: "E.S."I'm a Cubase user myself, so the transition should be relatively painless. I can even use the master project file if needed.
I'll upload the entire project folder as well for you. You might run into some plugin errors (no two DAW's are alike,eh) but you will have all the midi and automation redo to go.  :)

rogerg

I will add my thanks and congrats to Ron as well; it wouldn't have happened without you!!  

I bow down to you, good sir!!

and thanks to all who joined in, what a blast!

RWA

I've exported all individual parts as 16 bit wav. files and packed them. They're in the FFCS_version_13 folder.
http://www.box.com/ffcs#/ffcs/%5Bobject ... /159574117

If you import these into your audio program you're ready to go. I didn't use compression/limiting on the tracks like I did with the final mix. So the individual parts are a bit lower in volume because they haven't been 'pumped' to the usual high volume of an end mix. This way you can master it the way you want it.

I've tried to pack and upload the Cubase 5 'mother' file/folder but that one's way to big for that. So I'm burning that to DVD and send it to ES. He can then open it in Cubase 6 and continue with the original audio/midi files and track automation 'n stuff.

Good luck continuing the FFCS and possible new future projects.  :)

Mikey

I used to have a signature

johninblack

Ron, thanks for all the really great work you have done on the project, it is very much appreciated. ES, over to you then. Hope you enjoy being "at the helm".
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

E.S.

Thank you gents! :D

Well, I won't be in charge of the song(s), just taking care of organizing and production. Everyone should own an equal share, of course.

fitzy

Quote from: "E.S."Thank you gents! :D

Well, I won't be in charge of the song(s), just taking care of organizing and production. Everyone should own an equal share, of course.
No pressure then E.S.. :)Good luck with it mate!
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

Pedro

True, but as the man with the scissors it naturally falls to you to make some decisions about the way forward....like how Ron rejected my 8 minute spoons solo... ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"

True, but as the man with the scissors it naturally falls to you to make some decisions about the way forward....like how Ron rejected my 8 minute spoons solo... ;)
The world just wasn't ready for that.....  ;)