Started by gav, August 10, 2010, 10:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gav

So, who's getting it then?
I read a review the other day that said it's "full of prog metal epics!"
Looks good to me :D
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

taliwakker

Heard it all the way through....Cool intro track....then the next 2-3 tracks are kind of boring-recent Maiden quality.
Really picks up in the middle though....and ends decently.
Its better than the last 2 Maiden studio albums....i give in a 6.5/10.
I haven't really had a boner for Maiden since 7th Son though.

gav

I know what you mean, they haven't managed to recreate their early days yet, but I think the last album (a matter of life and death) was still a bloody good album, even if it didn't live up to their old stuff :)

MikeEvs

Had a listen to it last night didn't really grab me on first listen will give it another try

namister

I think a band that has been on the go as long as Maiden must find it hard to reinvent the wheel.

There albums maybe not up to what they used to be.  They are older and material is aging with them, like a good wine.

I think they should make this thier last though.

gav

I agree that their albums my not be doing it anymore for some people, but their live shows are still AMAZING and I think they should definitely continue to tour.(some more UK dates wouldn't be missed, I'm sure ;) )

Mikey

Saw the 666 rockumentary on Beeb 4 the other night, could n't help but think they still enjoyed playing, just like Frost*
Another band I saw over 30 years ago, Loved the lighting effects on a later tour when they played Rime of the ancient mariner, belting track
I used to have a signature

JakeWorrell

I think I listened to it once and quite liked it and then never got around to listening to it again. Its true though that maiden's music isn't what it used to be but thats just life I guess.

Its definitely better that dance of death and a matter of life and death. I think Brave new world was the best of the "new" albums though.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

mr_john

Out of the 3 "reunion" albums I think A Matter Of Life & Death is the best so far. FF is 2nd.

Got tickets for the the show in Newcastle later this year so looking forward to that. Must give Live After Death a spin this week. Awesome album!

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "mr_john"Got tickets for the the show in Newcastle later this year so looking forward to that

I saw them on the Somewhere Back in Time Tour at Twickenham a couple of years back. Amazing gig, definitely in my top 3 (along with Frost* Derby Uni of course).  They still put on a great show thats for sure.
"The longer the note, the more dread."