Main Menu

Band members

Started by daveyb, August 21, 2010, 04:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveyb

Who,s in the band for december shows

gav

As far as I know, John Mitchell, Nathan King, Craig Blundell and Jem (obviously ;) ) will be the lineup for the xmas shows.
I think Dec won't be there since he is concentrating on his solo carreer at the moment.

Cheers :D
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Pedro

I think that's it at the moment.  :D

I'm really looking forward to it - not that they didn't sound marvellous as a 5-piece, they did - but thinking back to the first time I saw them, in 3J+A formation, it was jaw-droppingly good but also more exciting...if that makes sense(?).
Kind of like the thrill/risk of the race car versus the luxury of a limo.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

daveyb

Does that mean Jem back on lead vocals

Pedro

(Me piping up again, no actual knowledge but a reasoned guess)

In the first incarnation Jem and JM shared the honours.
It has become apparent that, despite Jem's protestations to the contrary, he has a triffic voice and could carry it all.
However, TBC ("The Boy Craig" or "That Blundell Character") or TBB ("The Boy Blunders") is apparently learning lyrics on his holliers so it seems highly likely that he will carry at least backing vox, if not some of the leads(?).
Who knows, with the appropriate application of a gong beater to the target area, he might be able to cover Dec's upper register too.... :shock:  :o  ;)

RWA

When and where ar these gigs anyway? Haven't considered them really since they're in the UK but we (the RWA-family) might (just might..) be in London somewhere in December '10.....

Pedro

I fear you might be a little too late...

Frost* are playing :-
Islington 02 Academy 2 in London on Friday December 3rd
Manchester Academy 3 on Saturday 4th December
The Robin In Bilston on Sunday December 5th

However Touchstone & Tinyfish are playing at The Peel in the sleepy London village of Kingston-upon-Thames on Saturday 11th. :)

L33VEY

Quote from: "RWA"When and where ar these gigs anyway? Haven't considered them really since they're in the UK but we (the RWA-family) might (just might..) be in London somewhere in December '10.....

If you mean December 2010, rather than 10th December, then the London gig is in Islington on the 3rd, with support from a certain Mr Jowitt's arK.  It starts early (6pm), so that they can then turn the venue into a nightclub, and we can get ourselves home for an early night.  It'd be good to see you there!
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

RWA

Quote from: "L33VEY"
Quote from: "RWA"When and where ar these gigs anyway? Haven't considered them really since they're in the UK but we (the RWA-family) might (just might..) be in London somewhere in December '10.....

If you mean December 2010, rather than 10th December, then the London gig is in Islington on the 3rd, with support from a certain Mr Jowitt's arK.  It starts early (6pm), so that they can then turn the venue into a nightclub, and we can get ourselves home for an early night.  It'd be good to see you there!
Yes, I ment 2010.  :)
We had plans for London end of October but that doesn't seem to happen. December would be a nice alternative.

Pedro: I know I'm late to the game; do you reckon it's sold out?  :|

L33VEY

Pedro must be having his tea....

This link says that they're still available
//http://www.o2academyislington.co.uk/Search/List?q=frost

but hurry!

If you can't make it until the next week the same venue has the IQ Christmas bash.
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

RWA

Quote from: "L33VEY"Pedro must be having his tea....

This link says that they're still available
//http://www.o2academyislington.co.uk/Search/List?q=frost

but hurry!
I just did!
Consulted the family and they went insane. In a good way.

So I ordered the tickets. Me, my wife and my son will be there!  :mrgreen:

Trapezium Artist

Hmmm, I hadn't registered the fact that the Islington gig starts at 18:00 to allow we decrepit old proggers an early night. Good to know.

I/we shall be there, meaning that I have two tickets, but am not yet sure whether Mrs TA wants to come over with me from the South Holland highlands (our house is 1m above sea-level). She did greatly enjoy the infamous Peel Christmas show, mind you, so I have high hopes ...

Phrog

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Hmmm, I hadn't registered the fact that the Islington gig starts at 18:00 to allow we decrepit old proggers an early night. Good to know.

I/we shall be there, meaning that I have two tickets, but am not yet sure whether Mrs TA wants to come over with me from the South Holland highlands (our house is 1m above sea-level). She did greatly enjoy the infamous Peel Christmas show, mind you, so I have high hopes ...

At Bilston the doors don't even open til 7:30, and we've got 2 supports apparently!

Gman

Can't believe that a thread titled "Band Members" has not had the word 'schlong' mentioned even once.

Tsk tsk...call yourself Frosties!  ;)

Tricky

Quote from: "Gman"Can't believe that a thread titled "Band Members" has not had the word 'schlong' mentioned even once.

Tsk tsk...call yourself Frosties!  ;)

There's quite a lot of discussion about JM's chopper here: //http://www.frost-music.co.uk/frosties/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=37360#p37360
 :oops:
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...