Frost* December (Sinterklaas) gigs

Started by RWA, August 24, 2010, 02:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

Frost* are playing :-
Islington 02 Academy 2 in London on Friday December 3rd
Manchester Academy 3 on Saturday 4th December
The Robin In Bilston on Sunday December 5th

Just realized that yesterday and decided to go to the London gig and make a proper weekend out of it.

Which fellow Frosties* will I most likely:
- be running into that evening?  :shock:
- have to avoid that evening?  ;)

IOW: who's going?!

Pedro

IOW - Isle Of Wight?  ;)

There is also the filming of the live DVD on Monday December 6th, "somewhere in the Midlands".
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"IOW - Isle Of Wight?  ;)

There is also the filming of the live DVD on Monday December 6th, "somewhere in the Midlands".
In Other Words ....  :!:
Have to be back on Monday because my son has to attend school. Unless he drops out before December; then it's on!  :lol:

Pedro

Quite right, very responsible of you.
I've never been to the Islington venue. Does anyone know if there's any age restictions?

We'll be at the Bilston gig on the Sunday night and "somewhere in the Midlands on the Monday (already booked the day of work!).

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"Quite right, very responsible of you.
I've never been to the Islington venue. Does anyone know if there's any age restictions?

The site says for gigs anyone under 14 much be accompanied by an adult.
Or do you mean what the maximum age restriction is?  :D

Quote from: "Pedro"We'll be at the Bilston gig on the Sunday night and "somewhere in the Midlands on the Monday (already booked the day of work!).
Well then you might as well be at the London gig and make it a triple experience.  ;)

turbo

my troupe will be at the London gig, and the Bilston gig, with an open mind for the DVD recording, have to see exactly when and where that is first  :D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

JinjaBeardy

Hi All, forum newbie here! I've de-lurked at last and decided to join in the fun.

I intend to attend the Islington O2 gig (as I live about 15mins away) along with tres amigos I have converted to the Frost* side (mwhahahaha).

BUT i haz confusion  :?  - On the O2 website it shows a bad called Cathedral playing that night, doors open 1830, wheras Ticketmaster says Frost*/Ark, Doors at 1800. Am I right in thinking there are there two bits to the Islington O2? Not really into Doom Metal so need to make sure I'm going to the right bit!

(blimey there's a lot of '2's, 'to's and two's in there  :shock: )
People ask, "Why haven\'t aliens contacted our goverment by now?"
If you were a super intelligent, galaxy crossing being what would possibly make you want to speak to the government??

Pedro

Welcome to the board!!
I have no idea about the Islington set-up but I bet others do.

Hmm...your avatar...are you a stick man?

DueyC

I'm planning on being at everything except the Manchester gig
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

RWA

Quote from: "JinjaBeardy"Hi All, forum newbie here! I've de-lurked at last and decided to join in the fun.

I intend to attend the Islington O2 gig (as I live about 15mins away) along with tres amigos I have converted to the Frost* side (mwhahahaha).

BUT i haz confusion  :?  - On the O2 website it shows a bad called Cathedral playing that night, doors open 1830, wheras Ticketmaster says Frost*/Ark, Doors at 1800. Am I right in thinking there are there two bits to the Islington O2? Not really into Doom Metal so need to make sure I'm going to the right bit!
Welcome to the forum JJB!
The O2 Islington seems to have 4 spaces. So there are multiple gigs/parties going on there. I guess it's all about who's
the loudest that evening!  :?

And if you indeed play a stick....... you HAVE to join the forum collab song!  8-)

JinjaBeardy

Thanks for the greets and the info RWA, Pedro :D
Quote from: "Pedro"Hmm...your avatar...are you a stick man?
I am indeed a 'Stickhead' of long standing, hence the avatar, though I'm going to knock up a better one  :idea: with a Frost* twist in the best traditions of the Forum members. Hah! that'll get the creative juices flowing...
Quote from: "RWA"And if you indeed play a stick....... you HAVE to join the forum collab song! 8-)
Forum collab song? I had no idea such a wonderous thing existed. I'd love to be involved in that!

I've got some of my musical ramblings (decidedly proggy of course :)) up online, I'll post some links in the appropriate section. 'spect the enthusiasm for my Sticking may well wane once you hear how I mangle it  :lol:

We need to arrange a way to identify ourselves to other forum members on the nights in question. I plan to wear a Frosterisk in my blazer buttonhole. Any other ideas?
If you were a super intelligent, galaxy crossing being what would possibly make you want to speak to the government??

johninblack

Quote from: "JinjaBeardy"We need to arrange a way to identify ourselves to other forum members on the nights in question. I plan to wear a Frosterisk in my blazer buttonhole. Any other ideas?

Something like this in mind?

EDIT* Should add I'm planning to be at Islington along with Sue and Sami. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

JinjaBeardy

Nah, that's no good, everyone on the streets of Islington has those... :lol: Perhaps I'll have me ears trimmed into a Frosterisk  :idea:

L33VEY

Quote from: "RWA"IOW: who's going?!

As one of the select number of Ghost Circus forum members, I'm looking forward to meeting you Ron
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

RWA

Quote from: "L33VEY"
Quote from: "RWA"IOW: who's going?!

As one of the select number of Ghost Circus forum members, I'm looking forward to meeting you Ron
Excellent!  :D       Will you bring your Beemer?!