Black Light Machine FM synthesis?

Started by AndreasK, September 10, 2010, 06:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

Oh, this took me back to childhood. Gotta love those sounds. Excellent work!  :D

boswell

I think I missed the boat....Account suspended :( Are these available anywhere else?

AndreasK

Hahahaha.... my webhost noticed that I didn't actually have a website and was just using them for file storage... APPARENTLY that's against their rules so they closed my account.... :(

I'll get the finished version up as soon as I find a better webhost and get that set up. :)
- Andreas

Pajter

Quote from: "AndreasK"Hahahaha.... my webhost noticed that I didn't actually have a website and was just using them for file storage... APPARENTLY that's against their rules so they closed my account.... :(

I'll get the finished version up as soon as I find a better webhost and get that set up. :)

You could always use MySpace or SoundCloud or something. :)

boswell

Box.net is also good for that sort of thing.

I really feel like I'm missing out here  :cry:

Any chance of emailing the track  :oops:  :D ?

Drarok

Quote from: "RobRideout"Love it! There's a cool band called Sabrepulse that does like 8 bit techno stuff it's rather amusing :D
See also: Machinae Supremacy. Swedish metal backed with a SID chip from the Commodore 64! :lol:

TonyDickinson

Whoa, holy necro-bump! But for the better!

I'm the other dude that Andreas has been working on this song with (I covered BLM outro section on bass here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL27p6-KEuE)

But hey! We FINALLY finished the song. I mean it only took us like a year but we did it! It's even in full Genesis audio limitation (1 DCM (for the drum samples), 6 FM channels and 4 PSG channels, all monophonic and the fourth PSG channel is the noise track). Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/pdlvVAtFrjs

By the way, most of the song is performed live by him and myself.

RacingHippo

Deeply impressive stuff!
But... a YEAR?! I admire your dedication.
Also: You're quite mad. You'll fit in well here  :mrgreen:
* May contain nuts.

JakeWorrell

This is great. I always felt that the BLM keyboard solo sounded like something from Sonic The Hedgehog :D
"The longer the note, the more dread."

TonyDickinson

Quote from: "RacingHippo"Deeply impressive stuff!
But... a YEAR?! I admire your dedication.
Also: You're quite mad. You'll fit in well here  :mrgreen:

Haha, yeah a year. But that year includes about 10 months of not even touching the song  :D

rogerg

Quote from: "TonyDickinson"Whoa, holy necro-bump! But for the better!

I'm the other dude that Andreas has been working on this song with (I covered BLM outro section on bass here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL27p6-KEuE)

But hey! We FINALLY finished the song. I mean it only took us like a year but we did it! It's even in full Genesis audio limitation (1 DCM (for the drum samples), 6 FM channels and 4 PSG channels, all monophonic and the fourth PSG channel is the noise track). Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/pdlvVAtFrjs

By the way, most of the song is performed live by him and myself.

that's trĂ©s fab!!  epic!  great work!  8-)

wow.  what animation program did you use for that?  very cool.  I would like to be able to do some stuff like that with kids at school.

AndreasK

Hey hey! Thanks for the kind words, everyone. We kind of forgot about this song for about 10 months or so (like Tony mentioned), but a couple days ago I picked up the latest version we did have and just spent a day finishing it and making it nice. The animation was done with a program called MAMplayer, it lets you import MIDI files and displays interesting animations with them, it's small and free, and it kicks ass! :)
- Andreas

Mikey

I used to have a signature

Pajter

Very nice!

I was just browsing your YouTube channel, and heard a cool Sonic song on there. Did you perhaps also contribute to the OCRemix album(s)?

AndreasK

Yeap, I headed up the Sonic 3 OCremix album, I go by Snappleman on there.
- Andreas