Completely out of the blue..

Started by SerFox, September 15, 2010, 03:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerFox

So I'm doing some work for my new client, and the phone rings. "Bugger." I think to myself, that'll be either Scottish Hydro or O2 again. They have been phoning daily, despite my request to stop calling at this time. So I answer and it's this very cheery bloke from O2, who gives me the same lowdown on their services, but this time I manage to get quite far. He tells me I would at this time only be eligible for 20GB a month. I tell him due to the fact I am a musician I do a lot of recording work which gets sent via email and Dropbox and pair that with my movie rentals from iTunes and my online gaming that would disapear in no time. So we talk a little bit more about potential future options, and then he comes completely out of nowhere:

"Okay, so I heard you talk about music, well as well as working for O2 I am also a manager for a singer in the US who has just released a new single. I know that this is all about making new contacts."

I tell him I spend a lot of my time going to networking events looking for work, he takes my contact details and says he'll be in touch.

So the next time you're called by a tele-marketer, don't groan and insist you're not interested, you might get a job. :D

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "SerFox"So I'm doing some work for my new client, and the phone rings. "Bugger." I think to myself, that'll be either Scottish Hydro or O2 again. They have been phoning daily, despite my request to stop calling at this time. So I answer and it's this very cheery bloke from O2, who gives me the same lowdown on their services, but this time I manage to get quite far. He tells me I would at this time only be eligible for 20GB a month. I tell him due to the fact I am a musician I do a lot of recording work which gets sent via email and Dropbox and pair that with my movie rentals from iTunes and my online gaming that would disapear in no time. So we talk a little bit more about potential future options, and then he comes completely out of nowhere:

"Okay, so I heard you talk about music, well as well as working for O2 I am also a manager for a singer in the US who has just released a new single. I know that this is all about making new contacts."

I tell him I spend a lot of my time going to networking events looking for work, he takes my contact details and says he'll be in touch.

So the next time you're called by a tele-marketer, don't groan and insist you're not interested, you might get a job. :D

Very interesting, SerFox. Still, says something about the damage (ha!) that the internet has done to the music business that managers have to have part-time jobs doing telemarketing for phone companies ...  8-)

Makes a bit of difference from "the good old days": which one is a real manager and which one fake?  :D

[attachment=0:q23x3j2k]brian_lane.jpg[/attachment:q23x3j2k]

RWA

Quote from: "SerFox""Okay, so I heard you talk about music, well as well as working for O2 I am also a manager for a singer in the US who has just released a new single. I know that this is all about making new contacts."

Or he's very good at tele-marketing and makes up bull shit while he's at it.  :D
Hope this in genuine. Sounds a bit funky to me honestly.....  :?

SerFox

Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "SerFox""Okay, so I heard you talk about music, well as well as working for O2 I am also a manager for a singer in the US who has just released a new single. I know that this is all about making new contacts."

Or he's very good at tele-marketing and makes up bull shit while he's at it.  :D
Hope this in genuine. Sounds a bit funky to me honestly.....  :?

I doubt he'd get away with it, call was being recorded, I could have him fired tomorrow. :P

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"