Jem & John on vocals

Started by daveyb, September 22, 2010, 01:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveyb

Will Jem and John be takin all the vocals on forthcoming dates now Dec isn,t gonna be there

Pedro

It took a bit of searching but in this post Craig says he'll be singing too.  :)

...and if you look at some of the Level 42 videos, like this one, you'll see that Nate can warble too. Don't know if he will though.

For Defence of the Realm, I guess PT will sing too.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

keithd

Quote from: "daveyb"Will Jem and John be takin all the vocals on forthcoming dates now Dec isn,t gonna be there

What, no Dec  :o Why  :?:
My Hovercraft is full of eels

Pedro

Mooncat

QuoteWhat, no Dec  Why

...and he's concentrating on destroying lots, in fact maybe all, of the monsters at present.

I think Jem alluded to Dec taking a sabbatical away from Frost* but him always being welome to return :)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

keithd

My Hovercraft is full of eels

Pedro

Well, yes and no in my view. Frost* with Dec has been fantastic but Frost* without Dec was (and will be) fantastic too.
I am really excited that Dec is getting well deserved recognition with DAM and I'm keen to hear what comes next in that area.
I think next year's Frost*, where Jem does the whole thing in an Oom-pah style using just a Roland V-accordian, will be even better.  ;)

gr8gonzo

The Godfrey / Mitchell / King / Blundell  line-up will be a beast. I have no doubt. The only way to stay progressive is to keep changing. That's one of the things I love about Frost*. Never content to repeat.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mooncat

I agree - with a 'fluid' line up then everyone brings different influences and experience to the table so the sound will also evolve over time. And of course, if Jem hadn't taken this approach we'd now be Frost*less with JJ, Andy, John B and Dec all having moved on for a variety of reasons.

PLUS we get the possibility of a Frost* night where all the different lineups play in a massive alumni festival !!!!!! :D

Pedro

L33VEY

Quote from: "Mooncat"And of course, if Jem hadn't taken this approach we'd now be Frost*less with JJ, Andy, John B and Dec all having moved on for a variety of reasons.

PLUS we get the possibility of a Frost* night where all the different lineups play in a massive alumni festival !!!!!! :D

Good point - Derby would be handy for JJ and Andy?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Mooncat

It is reasonable travelling distance, however I was thinking a few years down the line so we could have Mk1 playing all of MIlliontown, Mk2 playing EIMA and then Mk3 playing the next album.

Only slight problem is that we'll need to have cloned Jen and JM by then !!!!!!

turbo

?"By the beard of Zeus"

gr8gonzo

You mean Jennifer Frost from Atomic Kitten? Her name comes up on iTunes when you search for Frost* albums.  :D
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

RacingHippo

Hmm... has anyone actually seen Jennifer Frost and Jem in the same room...?
* May contain nuts.