Jem & John on vocals

Started by daveyb, September 22, 2010, 01:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Good Lord, are you suggesting that a Mission Impossible-style mask removal might be on the cards?  :shock:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mooncat

Cool, then we could get a proper version of Whole Again :lol:
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

DannySoisSage

I did always wonder this Jem, what's the biggest Frost* you could/would consider?

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "DannySoisSage"I did always wonder this Jem, what's the biggest Frost* you could/would consider?

I would like to think a crowd comparable to Polyphonic Spree.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

DannySoisSage

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"
Quote from: "DannySoisSage"I did always wonder this Jem, what's the biggest Frost* you could/would consider?

Me too!

Mouse

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"

Maybe he'd try something akin to the car park gigs The Flaming Lips did, where all the attendees were given tape players and were conducted by the band to make the overall noise.

Good God, imagine a Frost* gig where everyone in the audience is armed with Stylophones, finger cymbals and spoons...  :shock:

Pedro

Took part in a 600-strong "trash" band several years ago as part of a corporate training evnt thing (which were popular back then). It was a "Stomp"-like thing with about 50 of each "instrument" including large plastic barrels, metal beer kegs, saucepans, wood-blocks, etc.
Awful racket while learning it but an awesome noise when we started getting it right.  :)

I particularly remember it because (as someone who "had rhythm") I got tasked with helping this other guy who was always a few clicks behind everyone else. After a while of getting nowhere with him, his friend helpfully pointed out that this chap was completely deaf. Things got easier after that cos I was able to "cue" him early enough to get him right on time. Very rewarding that was.  :)

Jem

If you all bring tambourines and shakers and what not, we could have a 668 piece band.  :D  :lol:

Mouse

Quote from: "Jem"
If you all bring tambourines and shakers and what not, we could have a 668 piece band.  :D  :lol:

You've done it now. The Christmas gigs are going to be interesting.  :lol:

Pedro

SPOONS!!! :D
Actually that's prolly not such a good choice, it would need amplification.
Hmm...668 Squadron? Different era. ;)

Mouse

Pedro

LOL
I really thought there would be such flag-waving moments at the DOTR.