Gear Lust - Autumn Edition

Started by El_Mayonnaise, September 24, 2010, 03:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El_Mayonnaise

Thought I'd get this one started up as we haven't had a good chat about nifty gadgets and wonderous instruments for a while.

I'm really getting back into my drumming now after buying a new HHX china and Gav Harrison's rhythmic illusions book. Really would love a new snare from the Black Panther range by Mapex. Hopefully this beauty:

Its an all rounder really as thats kind of me in a nutshell. It's relatively cheap but still expensive for my current financial situation.

Hey ho, student loan, due next week and gone the week after  :lol:

rogerg

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"Hey ho, student loan, due next week and gone the week after  :lol:

sounds like my paycheck.

nice drum, though.

Mouse

I've got my eye on Windows 7, an M-Box Mini and Pro Tools for essentials, but I'm also drooling over this...

I'm still dreaming of a Fantom, but I'll probably have to set my sights on a Juno G or D for consideration next year.

Big Black Shed

GAS as it's known in these parts.

I've got my eye on a new 5 string bass. Very reasonably priced. Plays lovely and has got the tone I'm after.

I would dearly love to go all boutique, but it would be wasted on me. I'd have to practice a LOT just to become crap.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

dtscape10

I'm waiting for the next big workstation..... Whoever releases it!!!! :lol:
I'd love a new Korg though (as I'm used to the work procedures on them). But I'd love to know what Kurzweil have up their sleeve as I'm a big admirer of the PC3.  ;)
I'm moving towards more vintage sounds these days (not so synthy) so I'd like a Clavia Nord Electro 3 (or similar) as I know they sound lovely for organ and vintage keys. Ideally I'd like to get hold of a Nord Electro 2 Rack.. cheaper and just play it through my current keyboards.
Still so many choices.... Will it ever end!!!!!! :roll:
If I had the money I'd spend a fortune on keys galore.......

Mooncat

ooops,
went to the National Drum Fair yesterday and ended up with a nice 10"x5.5" Mapex snare. My 'EIMA' tomless kit is nearing completion!!!!!!
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

El_Mayonnaise

10"? Always wanted one of those, dunno if I could justify it though :P

EDIT

Was it this one?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0533751046

Mooncat

QuoteWas it this one?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0533751046

Not far off - I think mine is the pre-MPX range so pretty much identical, only paid £35 s/h for it, which is really what prompted the purchase!!!
Needs reheading as it still has the original 'UX' by remo heads, so a nice hazy Ambassador (you spoil us  ;) ) reso although not yet decided on a batter!!!!
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Bokkie

I would like a 13" 3.5" snare (brass ofcourse). I will keep on dreaming.
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

MarkOneMusic

Before I can be allowed any more gear this year, we have to find the money to master and replicate the CD...

Bokkie

Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"Before I can be allowed any more gear this year, we have to find the money to master and replicate the CD...
Well..that's good news init? good luck with that and keep us in the loop.
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

Mouse

Last night, I ordered Windows 7 (finally!) and a new hard drive for my laptop. I'm just about to order an MBox 2 Mini that comes with Pro Tools 8 LE. Only took me three years to work up the balls to buy it!  :lol:

Hopefully, I will be kicking sonic arse sometime next week.  :D

rogerg

E.S.

I want this:

And this:

And one of these:

And of course:

None of which I could ever afford.
Except the wind controller...

gav

On saturday, I got this:

It's an Emninent Solina F225 double manual electric organ with bass pedals!

RAWK! :twisted:
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!