Pro Tools HD Native is here.

Started by EVP, October 06, 2010, 02:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVP

I just found this out on Gearslutz. Russ over at the AiR users blog mentioned something new would be coming
from Avid and after all the rumors and chatter, it's finally confirmed and here.

"New Pro Tools|HD Native Added to the Avid Audio Product Line for only $3495!"

"This morning, Avid Professional Audio, formerly known as Digidesign, announced the arrival of their new Pro Tools|HD Native system, making use of the speed and performance of today's native computer processors and bringing the price of an HD system into the truly affordable range! The Pro Tools|HD Native core card will retail for only $3495, and is compatible with all HD Series interfaces, both the new series of I/O (HD Omni, HD I/O, and HD MADI), but the legacy "Blue" series (192 I/O, 192 Digital I/O, etc.). You can chain up to 4 I/O together for a total of 64 channels of audio, or interface with a single HD MADI I/O. With extremely low latency for a native system, not only will you have the full feature set of the included Pro Tools|HD software, you'll also have an open system using Core Audio and ASIO to run your Logic, Nuendo, Wavelab or other software. "

Still too pricey for me especially as I don't own a Mac Pro but it looks like a nice mid priced pro option for
people who can't afford an HD 2/3 system.

Mooncat

and brings a new interpretation to 'going native'!!!!! :lol:
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy