Defence of the Realm - Summer's End

Started by Mooncat, October 09, 2010, 10:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fogeyspasm

I was expecting to strip about 10 minutes into the gig but was overcome with a tremendous bout of stoicism (Or madness!)
and decided to stick it out to the end.
And it was very, very warm! :shock:
A great laugh though.
Thanks to Catherine for giving me the "cad false moustache" unfortunately i had a moustache malfunction and ended the gig moustacheless. (Is there such a word?)
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Nellie

People in attendance of Friday's gig may (or may not) have been aware that we were running a raffle in aid of Help for Heroes. The winner received a replica tommy helmet signed by the band and a poster, also signed by the band. Second prize was a t-shirt and signed poster and the third prize a signed poster.
I'm very pleased to announce that we raised a total of £171 for the charity and would like to thank Dena from the It Bites gang for helping with that. I can do everything but not at the same time ;)
We will run the same raffle at the December 10th Defence of the Realm gig at the Peel.
It's in the post!

Pedro

Some video now in the Frost* section.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

LivingForever

I was intending to post a lengthy review but since Mooncat got there first, all I shall say is

"MEXICAN ROCK!!"

Blunders was great, Pete was great, obviously the two J's were as great and deranged as ever...

Even Andy was great - I especially liked this one:

"I think... that people who name their cars should have some children."

Not aiming this at anyone in particular, oh lovely fellow-Frost*ie of mine!
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Most splendiferous I must say... Tinyfish played an absolute blinder I thought, especially as I understand there were a few problems on stage, not the least of which was Leon's drum kit slowly heading for the doors!

After them "some covers band" came on and bloody hell were they good! Most enjoyable including all the little interludes, I particularly enjoyed Phil Collins - 'prog traitor' dropping in by phone.
I wondered what Pete made of it all, bit different to playing with Marillion... he seemed a bit bemused at times, but definately entered into the spirit of it all.
And how many gigs have you been too where you've had to crouch down until given the all clear!

Special mention for Blunders too, he seems a perfect fit into the Frost* world  ;) .

Good to see you Frost*ies again too, see you again next time.

Carry on.....

L33VEY

Quote from: "LivingForever"Even Andy was great - I especially liked this one:

"I think... that people who name their cars should have some children."

Not aiming this at anyone in particular, oh lovely fellow-Frost*ie of mine!

My poor Frost*mobile was most upset at this, it's wipers are brushing the tears of rain away - anyway I did have children...
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

LivingForever

Actually I saw a car on the way home with nearly the perfect number plate:

FR05 TAY

I have now made it my goal to find

FR05 TIE
 :D

L33VEY

Quote from: "LivingForever"Actually I saw a car on the way home with nearly the perfect number plate:

FR05 TAY

FR05 TIE

Don't spend too much time on that one LFE, there's no "I" in UK plates - perhaps a foreign one?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

LivingForever

Quote from: "L33VEY"
Quote from: "LivingForever"Actually I saw a car on the way home with nearly the perfect number plate:

FR05 TAY

FR05 TIE

Don't spend too much time on that one LFE, there's no "I" in UK plates - perhaps a foreign one?

Ahhh, of course. Damn. Well then, the guy on the way home probably did have the best numberplate... Time to get my screwdriver out and find out where he lives.