Main Menu

Started by kyuwert, November 07, 2008, 12:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyuwert

Will they be enabled, good sirs?

Pedro

Hmm... a size limit of 6KiB too....what the hell is a KiB?

KiloItBites??   :?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

James_S

Quote from: "Pedro"Hmm... a size limit of 6KiB too....what the hell is a KiB?

KinoItBites surely?
So many keyboards, so little time!

Pedro

Quote from: "James_S"
Quote from: "Pedro"Hmm... a size limit of 6KiB too....what the hell is a KiB?

KinoItBites surely?
I'd be happy to have 6 of those!!  :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Brom

Avatar?? I know what Avtur is... aviation fuel, paraffin or kerosene.

Did you know...

Kerosene has been used to treat pools of standing water to prevent mosquitoes from breeding, notably in the yellow fever outbreak of 1905 in New Orleans.

It can be used to remove lice from hair, but this practice is painful and potentially very dangerous. Also, this practice removes all natural oils and fats from the scalp. Any comments Jem??

Since kerosene is chemically stable, it is used to store substances with redox tendencies within to prevent unwanted reactions, such as alkali metals.

It is used in the packaging and storing of white phosphorus to prevent contact with oxygen, which would lead to immediate combustion.

Kerosene can be used to store crystals. When a hydrated crystal is left in air, dehydration may occur slowly. This makes the colour of the crystal become dull. Kerosene can keep air from the crystal.

It is used as a solvent.
Kerosene can be applied topically to hard-to-remove mucilage or adhesive left by stickers on a glass surface (such as in show windows of stores).
Kerosene can be used to remove candle wax that has dripped onto a glass surface; it is recommended that the excess wax be scraped off prior to applying kerosene via a soaked cloth or tissue paper.

It can be used in conjunction with cutting oil as a thread cutting and reaming lubricant. When machining aluminium and its alloys, kerosene on its own is an excellent cutting lubricant.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Sean

Quote from: "eponymous"
Quote from: "Brom"cutting lubricant.
In future, please refrain from using these two words in so close a proximity. :shock:
That just sounds painful!
[size=150]Carpe Diem[/size]

gr8gonzo

A most cruel prank.

"We've switched Billy's usual lubricant with new InstaSlice Liquid.  Let's see how long it takes him to notice..."
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Geetar

Quote from: "Brom"hard-to-remove mucilage
:shock:
This space for sale.

Brom

Quote from: "Geetar"
Quote from: "Brom"hard-to-remove mucilage
:shock:

Is it still there?

Brom

Who likes my new avatar? it was difficult to fit into this new forum, as you can see it was a bit of a squash.  :D

kyuwert

I'm going to be relying on avatars to identify who is posting, because I find the user names difficult to spot at a glance... anyone else agree?

AnsOnkruid

Quote from: "vkamicht"I'm going to be relying on avatars to identify who is posting, because I find the user names difficult to spot at a glance... anyone else agree?
Hmm, I'm a minifrost*ie for one year now, I think I know who's who now. But there are some new names here now which I don't know, some people have different avatars now... I have a weird memory.
I like your advice dog avatar :)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kyuwert

Quote from: "AnsOnkruid"Hmm, I'm a minifrost*ie for one year now, I think I know who's who now. But there are some new names here now which I don't know, some people have different avatars now... I have a weird memory.
I like your advice dog avatar :)

I just don't think the user name stands out as much as it did before. And it's centered  :|

And thank you, I stole it from another board.  :D Just switched to a non-rotating version though....

What do you think, advice dog?

tomskerous

Advice dog he speak truth with waggy tail
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

kyuwert

Thanks to whoever changed the name size/color ^^