Main Menu

Setlist

Started by keithhuet, October 13, 2010, 09:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithhuet

Did anyone make a note of the Defense of the Realm setlist and playing order from last Friday?
Cheers, Keith

MikeEvs

From memory and Pedro's ever so helpful video the set was:

The Dividing Line - Frost*
Leave a Light On - Kino
Camouflaged In Blue - Transatlantic
Holding On - Kino
Afraid of Sunlight - Marillion
Letting Go - Kino
Black Light Machine - Frost*
The Space - Marillion
Losers Day Parade - Kino

Gig Buddy

Bloody brilliant choice of numbers.
Dr. Feelgood factor 10% milk...

Mouse

All numbers were pulled off superbly. I got a fanboy kick from seeing Pete Trewavas playing Frost* bass licks. And the Kino stuff was awesome (especially for me as I'd just got the album last week). I wonder if they'll alter any of it when we march onto The Peel?

Jem

We might tweak it a bit, just to keep things bimbling along. There've been a couple of people who said they wished there were more Frost songs, but with TDL and BLM, you're looking at about 30 minutes of music. A third of the set no less!! :lol:

keithd

Quote from: "Jem"We might tweak it a bit, just to keep things bimbling along. There've been a couple of people who said they wished there were more Frost songs, but with TDL and BLM, you're looking at about 30 minutes of music. A third of the set no less!! :lol:

Can't get too much of a good thing though  :)
My Hovercraft is full of eels

gr8gonzo

...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

LivingForever

Quote from: "Jem"We might tweak it a bit, just to keep things bimbling along. There've been a couple of people who said they wished there were more Frost songs, but with TDL and BLM, you're looking at about 30 minutes of music. A third of the set no less!! :lol:

I thought the balance was just fine, but then I'm a big fan of all the bands you played songs from so who am I to judge? It was made pretty clear that this wasn't a Frost gig right from the get-go.

Only thing I wasn't sure about was whether 'Camouflaged in Blue' worked as a standalone (nice though it was to hear!)... How about another Marillion song instead?
 :D

Oh, and it might be my fault for always standing right at the front but Jem, your keyboards are never loud enough! (I'm sure that's my fault... yes it's my fault, ignore me.)
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

MikeEvs

As I'll have seen Frost* 4 times in 4 days before DOTR II I wouldn't mind if you just played more Kino or Marillion :D

Mooncat

I'd agree that the change for the DotR gigs is nice - I really liked 'Camo In Blue' and the Marillion songs.  As Jem says it balanced out ok time wise and I think it made for a good set.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Ash

can I be a bit contentious and say drop dividing line for some other Frost*?  but as per MikeEvs I will have seen Frost* several times in the proceeding week so you could swap dividing line for (and I can't believe I am saying this) some more Marillion?
Ash
xxx

tomskerous

On the other hand, can I vote for keeping the (slightly more rehearsed) Dividing Line, and do far less Marillion and Transatlantic please?

Was the "hold on my heart" bit of the set for me that - too many V IV I songs. I know others mileage may vary.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Ash

Quote from: "tomskerous"(slightly more rehearsed) Dividing Line,

maybe that was my problem with the dividing line
Ash
xxx

tomskerous

I think the sound mix for it hadn't really settled down either - there were elements where you could see everyone was playing their bit but it just wasn't coming out coherently from the monitors. I think it just had too much going on for that setup.

But when it was good it was brilliant.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

LivingForever

Quote from: "tomskerous"On the other hand, can I vote for keeping the (slightly more rehearsed) Dividing Line, and do far less Marillion and Transatlantic please?

Was the "hold on my heart" bit of the set for me that - too many V IV I songs. I know others mileage may vary.

There were only 2 Marillion songs and 1 Transatlantic song! Even a man of such high standards as you can allow us prog nerds that much...

;)
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/