Toys Drum Part

Started by Fogeyspasm, October 15, 2010, 03:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fogeyspasm

Cameron, my son, who is 12 years old and into Frost*, It Bites and Paramore, decided to try this in his drumlesson this week.
He had a run through when he got home but this is the second attempt. Theres a few fluffs but a bit of practice and he will be there.
Blunders you'd better watch that drumstool!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/video.php?v=1421601984384

He writes all his own music on the laptop and thinks of himself as guitarist first, drummer second and a bit of keyboard third. The next paln is to do a version of this with him playing everything. He can already play the guitar all the way through which is already one step better than me. :oops:
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

SerFox

Crikey! :D You say he can do the guitar all the way through, even the solo? I'd love to see that. I'm rubbish at guitar solos :D

rogerg

Fogeyspasm

He found the guitar tab somewhere and learnt it in seconds! I hate him. Lol
Then its just a case of him playing it a few times and speeding it up a bit. He doesnt practise enough to get it spot on straight off. Its like the drum part for toys. He had a 30 minute lesson. Came to mine the next day and played the solo section twice as he was worried about that bit. Then just winged the song which is the one on video. No practice really.
I havent the patience to learn other peoples songs but he just sits looking at tablature and then just plays it. He seems to have a really good understanding of melody and harmony parts, and a photographic memory.
He has written loads of his own stuff in guitar pro and another lot of software that i can't remember off hand, and there are layers of guitars with harmonies and counter melodies, keyboards and bass.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!