Main Menu

CUBE 3?!?!?!?!?

Started by gav, October 15, 2010, 07:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gav

Just looked at the twitter messages on the Frost* homepage and i'm getting the vibe that Jem's moving house again?

Just a hunch.... :?

Jem?
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Phrog

I'm wondering this also. So soon after all the palava moving last time?  :?:

gav

Quote from: "Phrog"I'm wondering this also. So soon after all the palava moving last time?  :?:
And pretty much building a new studio... :!:  :?:  :?
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

L33VEY

He now gives his locations as "Sorta East Sussex" :shock:
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Pedro

Yep, Sussex-bound. I think he said something about the Cube2 still needing several thousand squids to kit out the studio so I guess all that's really happened is that Jem's 'done up the outhouse' before selling on.
I don't know really but I guess the practicalities of being there might make day-job difficult...he also mentioned £220/month for Internet that's ridiculously slow.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Indeedy.
There is a Cube-Cubed in the offing, it would seem.
* May contain nuts.

Trapezium Artist

Blimey; that seems a little drastic. Didn't he just arrive?

As someone who's moved many, many times during my life and twice now with young kids, I know what a royal pain in the backside this can all be. Admittedly, several of my moves (and the two recent ones with the kids) were between different countries, which makes it harder, but any move that involves new circles of friends, new schools, new internet connections ( ;) ), and wotnot, are unfun.

Pedro

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"Stuff happens. :)
Onwards!

True enough, Pedro, but rarely without a reason, and equally rarely without consequences.

Pedro

Well true but, in the light of that, let's just see what happens, what?

But never mind that, did you know that the term "blimp" is reportedly onomatopoeic, the sound the airship makes when one taps the envelope (balloon) with a finger.[2] Although there is some disagreement among historians, credit for coining the term is usually given to Lt. A.D. Conningham of the British Royal Navy in 1915.

A 1943 etymology published in the New York Times confirms the British origin during the first World War when the British were experimenting with lighter-than-air craft. The initial non-rigid aircraft was called the A-limp; and a second version called the B-limp was deemed more satisfactory.

An oft-repeated, but false, alternative explanation for the term says that at some time in the early 20th century, the United States military had two classes for airships: Type A-rigid and Type B-limp (hence "blimp").

Brom

And you ALWAYS get hangers on.

Airship hangers at RAF Cardington..... friggin enormous!!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

catherine

Quote from: "RacingHippo"Indeedy.

I expect there will be a hypercube soon, then.

johninblack

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "RacingHippo"Indeedy.

I expect there will be a hypercube soon, then.

Combine that with a pocket sun and the possibilities are endless. :o
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Trapezium Artist

Speaking of blimps and dirigibles, I'd like to make more people aware of the Zeppelin bend, also known as the Rosendahl bend after Admiral Charles Rosendahl, who insisted that his airships be moored using this knot only. It's a fantastic knot, easy to tie and secure, but easily undone even after being placed under very large loads. It's also very elegant ...  8-)

I can safely say that this is the best knot I have ever learned, but despite years in the Boy Scouts, I only found out about it relatively recently. Try it; you'll wonder how you ever lived without it ...  :D

//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeppelin_bend

rogerg

thanks, TA!  that's awesome!