Islington pre-gig meet?

Started by Trapezium Artist, October 30, 2010, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Just over a month before the Islington pre-Christmas gig and I thought it might be a reasonable time to start thinking about a pre-gig get-together somewhere in the vicinity.

Does anyone know the area at all and can suggest a decent place to meet for a drink beforehand? (I'm clueless: am not a Londoner in the slightest).

Also, what would be a good time? I see from my ticket that the gig is supposed to start at 6pm  :shock:  although I presume that that is just the doors open time. Anyone closer to the coal face know when Ark and then Frost* will likely play?

(I'll be flying in from Washington that morning so will be jet-lagged enough that the sooner I get all of this locked in my brain [or more's the point, in my calendar  8-) ], the better).

Anyway, let's see what we can do, fellow progaholics: I'm looking forward to it immensely.

Pedro

I don't know and I've never been there but doesn't the Islington gaff have a stupid-early curfew? It transforms into club or something(?). So I'd expect early doors to mean early on stage...but as I say, others will know more.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

johninblack

Quote from: "Pedro"I don't know and I've never been there but doesn't the Islington gaff have a stupid-early curfew? It transforms into club or something(?). So I'd expect early doors to mean early on stage...but as I say, others will know more.  :)

It does so be there early as things kick off fairly soon after door time.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Trapezium Artist

OK, so that means we'll have to meet and start drinking at 4pm, right?  8-)

Alternatively, depending on how people feel (and I'll feel very tired, but will work through it  ;) ), we could go out for some nosh post-gig. Anyone up for that, if a 6pm start means many will just roll up at the gig immediately beforehand?

turbo

You have the nags head just outside the n.1 center [where the venue is] or there's the york on the opposite side of the road, both are about two hundred yard from the angel tube station and about a one or two minute walk to the venue. either one would be a good meeting place, not sure i can make it my self, as work commitments might make timing an issue, the venue has a ten o'clock curfew.
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Trapezium Artist

Hmmm, sounds like we'll be out on the streets earlier than I expected.

P'raps Jem'll take us all out for post-gig grub  ;) : any good Indian restaurants in the vicinity? (One thing I definitely miss no longer living in the UK  :( )

turbo

Sorry not being a fan of Indian food i cant really help you there, but the place is packed with restaurants of all kinds so I'm sure you wont have to walk too far to find one.  :D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "turbo"Sorry not being a fan of Indian food i cant really help you there, but the place is packed with restaurants of all kinds so I'm sure you wont have to walk too far to find one.  :D

I remember when I went to the Spock's + Frost gig two years ago there was a kebab place quite near to the venue and it was very good! :D
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Ash

hmmm if I have a job that will mean a bit of a struggle to get their on time  :(

What I remember of the Spocks Beard one is that there was a long queue to get in and doors did open with enough time to get in, get a drink (and if you are me) push down the front.  Went to a pub round the corner from the venue whilst SB was on.  It was ok but I can't remember what it was called.
Ash
xxx

Erethism

Hi all.

I'm studying in Guildford and have Fridays off, so I'm in a perfect position to join up for whatever pre-gig festivities you are planning. I'm not very familiar with London, though, so I'd need some directions.

Also, am I mistaken if I thought there is a second Christmas gig (in London)? I haven't really been looking as I kind of expected some information to be posted on the front page.

As I am typing this (and booking my ticket), I realise I lost the digital code generator for my debit card so I will have to find another way to book it... Hopefully before anything is sold out.

Looking forward to next month, fellow frosties!
Honorary Executive Producer of Spock\'s Beard X

Pedro

Defence of the Realm II at The Peel on December 10th?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Erethism

Thanks, Pedro.

At least I've been to the Peel before, so I'll try making it for that gig as well :)

Cheers!

Edit: Have booked tickets for both gigs now. Prog on!
Honorary Executive Producer of Spock\'s Beard X