Main Menu

Bleu

Started by Mooncat, November 04, 2010, 12:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

OK, not a band, and certainly not prog but have got his new album 'Four' and am really loving it.
If you like Jellyfish this is worth investigating (even has a track co written by Roger Manning Jr).
Also worth checking out, the album he did under the name L.E.O. - Alpacas Orgling - an homage to ELO and their sound :D
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

gr8gonzo

Funny you should happen to mention that/him/them. I'm playing a track from L.E.O. on my show this Saturday. No, it's not "Don't Let It Go," but I certainly would play that some time.

Andy Sturmer's name is enough to guarantee a purchase as far as I'm concerned. Hell, I even own a couple Puffy AmiYumi CDs because of him. I was listening to Bleu just this past week ("Get Up") and yeah, he's far from prog, but it's power pop of the highest order and most definitely worth a listen.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Villuccikeys

And here, I thought i was the only prog nerd who loved Jellyfish. This makes my day. I JUST discovered Bleu yesterday, oddly enough. Spooky.

Pedro

If I remember correctly (from previous fora) Jem loves them too.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

Indeed he does, as do I. I've played Jellyfish on my show a couple of times already and have them on the playlist for Nov. 13th, as well.

I mentioned I'm playing L.E.O. this Saturday, but I should also mention I'm also playing a track from Jason Falkner.

As for Bleu, I loved Redhead, but Watched Pot was somewhat hit and miss. Watched Pot just came out last year, but was recorded over 10 years. Have to be in the mood to listen to the slower tracks. Four is sounding a bit better.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around