Main Menu

Sheet Music?

Started by Jamyu, November 15, 2010, 05:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamyu

Is there anywhere I could buy any music (keyboard) of Frost*?

I'd be particularly interested in a milliontown music book, but anything would appeal to me. ^^

Would love to play this ^_^

Pedro

Alas it cannot be bought. Jem doesn't work with the stuff (as far as I know).

There have been requests before and you might find a few bits in this thread :-
//http://www.frost-music.co.uk/frosties/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=563&p=10697
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Oh SHEET music. I thought you mend SHEEP music.  :|

MarkOneMusic

Quote from: "RWA"Oh SHEET music. I thought you mend SHEEP music.  :|

How do you mend sheep music, with wool?

And how do you get into sheep music repair? Does it pay well?

Pedro

Wool or some expensive chord...

Againesis

I've got all the Milliontown Pro Tools sessions and one day...when I finally get my hands on a mac (the sodding things won't open on my PC version of PT9) I'll release as much sheet music as I can lay my hands on (Mr G permitting of course).
There are only 10 types of people]

Jamyu

thanks all for the helpful advice ^_^

gav

How did you get your hands on those? ;)
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Againesis

An ebay auction, an all consuming Frost obsession and a very dented credit card!!!

Pedro

I remember that sale...the big red Frost*erisk banner went too.

gav

Seems like a good way of getting rid of old stage props!
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Againesis

Great things to have but frustrating that they came from a time you had to save in a different format in protools on a mac if you wanted to reopen them on a pc.

Used a mac mini briefly at work to open the puppies up and it's all in there but without a midi interface the midi stuff was all missing. The mini wasn't really man enough to run protools & crashed after about 30 seconds too so haven't managed to get any decent samples off them yet either.

Hopefully getting a decent mac at work soon (to do some iPhone development) so job one is to get PT9 installed and start converting the files. I'll keep you posted in here once I've started.

However, I'm all for an easy life so...if there's anyone down my way (in the south east) who's got a decent mac protools setup....

SerFox

I do a lot of work with Sheet music. I did the score for You/I, but that's about it. I can easily take MIDI files of performances and orchestrate them in Notion :) Importing MIDI into scoring software is never as clean and tidy as the marketing guff makes it out to be!