Should we be concerned ?

Started by Dave M, November 16, 2010, 04:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nellie

I'm a bit concerned about how serious it's got around here!

I can't wait for the gigs, it's going to be a wonderful pre-Christmas party. Don't forget old Blunders and Nathan will be doing their first Frost* shows, there'll be biscuits and loads of merch including a fabulous tour t-shirt.

Huzzah!
It's in the post!

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mouse

Huzzah thirded! But I believe Nathan's first Frost* shows were the Dream Theater supports.  ;)

And he's bloody good at it!  :D

Ash

Thanks for the update Jem.  And yes!  Tis nearly Frost*mas time  :D   I am very excited by 3 gigs in a week.
Ash
xxx

SerFox

Nellie

Quote from: "Mouse"Huzzah thirded! But I believe Nathan's first Frost* shows were the Dream Theater supports.  ;)

And he's bloody good at it!  :D
D'oh! Of course they were. I'm very keen to see the line up though. It's going to be aaaaawwwwwwwwesome!! :D
It's in the post!

Jamyu

Thanks Jem for letting us know.

I'll be waiting in anticipation ^_^

Mossive Attack

Well I kind of missed all this but good to hear from Jem and to know that he is ok!

Looking forward greatly to the shows (next week!) - a pre xmas treat of epic proportions!

see some of you people there!

:D  :D
The artist formerly known as Rob-M....

rogerg

did you know that a bronze church bell with a relief Medieval Greek text, is considered by Bulgarian researchers to be among the oldest extant church bells in Europe, and was unearthed in Melnik in the 2000s. The inscription prompted the researchers to associate the bell with the Church of St Nicholas. It reads: "Copper-smelted church bell, a gift by Alexius, who is the pious Slav, to Saint Nicholas of Myra". The text is thought to reference Alexius Slav. A very similar bell, also found in Melnik, bears an inscription which mentions Byzantine Emperor Michael VIII Palaiologos (r. 1259–1282) and the year 1270 specifically. However, this second bell may not have belonged to the Church of St Nicholas, but rather to another church in Melnik.

glaik

Looking forward to the London Gig!!

Take care of yourself Jem. I'll always be a frostie*

MarkOneMusic

Quote from: "rogerg"did you know that a bronze church bell with a relief Medieval Greek text, is considered by Bulgarian researchers to be among the oldest extant church bells in Europe, and was unearthed in Melnik in the 2000s. The inscription prompted the researchers to associate the bell with the Church of St Nicholas. It reads: "Copper-smelted church bell, a gift by Alexius, who is the pious Slav, to Saint Nicholas of Myra". The text is thought to reference Alexius Slav. A very similar bell, also found in Melnik, bears an inscription which mentions Byzantine Emperor Michael VIII Palaiologos (r. 1259–1282) and the year 1270 specifically. However, this second bell may not have belonged to the Church of St Nicholas, but rather to another church in Melnik.

Not only that, but Benjamin Britten wrote a Christmas cantata entitled "St. Nicolas" commissioned by three public schools. Edward Purcell composed a choral song for male choir entitled "St. Nicolas". in 1730 and also there is a classic music composition "Oratorio San Nicola di Bari", written by Giovanni Battista Bononcini in 1693.

mr_john

It must indeed be very difficult to manage all those various work projects as well as family commitments etc etc!

So. Hey Ho. Onwards and upwards. Was hoping to make it to the Derby gig but will have to sadly make do with the DVD so I'm looking forward to that in '11!

Tricky

Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"
Quote from: "rogerg"did you know that a bronze church bell with a relief Medieval Greek text, is considered by Bulgarian researchers to be among the oldest extant church bells in Europe, and was unearthed in Melnik in the 2000s. The inscription prompted the researchers to associate the bell with the Church of St Nicholas. It reads: "Copper-smelted church bell, a gift by Alexius, who is the pious Slav, to Saint Nicholas of Myra". The text is thought to reference Alexius Slav. A very similar bell, also found in Melnik, bears an inscription which mentions Byzantine Emperor Michael VIII Palaiologos (r. 1259–1282) and the year 1270 specifically. However, this second bell may not have belonged to the Church of St Nicholas, but rather to another church in Melnik.

Not only that, but Benjamin Britten wrote a Christmas cantata entitled "St. Nicolas" commissioned by three public schools. Edward Purcell composed a choral song for male choir entitled "St. Nicolas". in 1730 and also there is a classic music composition "Oratorio San Nicola di Bari", written by Giovanni Battista Bononcini in 1693.

Nice try guys... ;)
Hijacking doesn't seem to work so well any more - it must be all the new security precautions.

Don't touch my junk!
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

D S

Quote from: "Tricky"
Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"

Nice try guys... ;)
Hijacking doesn't seem to work so well any more - it must be all the new security precautions.

Don't touch my junk!
Very true.  Derailing isn't isn't what it used to be.  But in the meantime, did you know that Zoodoo Wildlife Park is a wildlife park about 6 km from Richmond, Tasmania in Australia? It is spread over 90 hectares.Originally an Ostrich farm and miniature pony stud, Zoodoo first opened to the public on 2 July 1999 with just a few native animals. It has grown quickly to become one of the Tasmania's largest wildlife parks and today boasts Bengal Tigers and African lions among many other native and foreign species of animals and birds.

Come on, there are lions!  8-)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

johninblack

Whilst we're discussing Tasmania.............

The Third Ending are an Australian progressive rock band, based in Tasmania.[1] Their style incorporates common progressive rock/metal elements: technical proficiency, skilled songwriting, and epic, lyrical songs. The band have cited Pink Floyd, Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree as some of their strongest influences, and reviewers have likened them to Spock's Beard and Neal Morse's solo work.[2]

Their self-titled debut album was released independently in June 2006 (see 2006 in music). Although only released in limited numbers, the album received favourable reviews,[2] including praise from solo artist/bassist Bryan Beller, and Melbourne-based guitarist Michael Mills, who called them "the finest Australian progressive rock band ever".[3]

In December 2006, the band was signed to U.S.-based ProgRock Records.[4]
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"