Main Menu

THE NEW SHOP

Started by Geddy Lee, November 07, 2008, 12:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wickerman

Quote from: "rogerg"
Quote from: "AnsOnkruid"Why not use the [url] [ /url] tags?

that's what I was thinking.

Strangely enough, I have done...  Maybe I've either got something wrong, or there's some kind of gremlin in the system.  Anyway, this is drifting slightly off-topic.  Maybe my signature should have its own forum.  That would be rather expectant of it, since my book doesn't even have its own forum yet (it may do one day...  never quite got round to doing websitey things...)

Speaking of which, who put the new Frost* site together?  It's looking very good!

rogerg

I'm wondering if the signature section has some different coding in it?  maybe the url tags don't work?

well, seems as if url tags DO work in the signature, so, wicker, what ya got?

[ url=all that stuff in the url]wicker's book stuff[ /url]

but leave out the spaces before url and /url.

Wickerman

Ah... cheers guys!  We seem to have got there in the end.  Now all I need to do is find a new Avatar.  Used to have the guy spraying the Frosterisk (tm) on the wall, but since that's the site banner here, think I should maybe go for something different...

MikeEvs

Mark try copying and pasting the code in this box to your signature you can change the click here bit to whatever you'd like the link to say

Sunrise & Shorelines: The slightly-less-new-than-it-used-to-be book from Mark Charlesworth:[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sunrise-Shorelines-2001-Mark-Charlesworth/dp/1409200299/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226172609&sr=1-1//]click here[/url]
Or this if you'd like the whole "Sunrise & Shorelines: The slightly-less-new-than-it-used-to-be book from Mark Charlesworth:" to be a clickable link

[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sunrise-Shorelines-2001-Mark-Charlesworth/dp/1409200299/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226172609&sr=1-1//]Sunrise & Shorelines: The slightly-less-new-than-it-used-to-be book from Mark Charlesworth:[/url]

Wickerman

Cheers Mike... think I'm sorted now... and got a lovely new avatar too.  Took the red Frosterisk from the new t-shirt.  Speaking of shirts, does anyone know if they're being delivered with the album, or separately?  I ordered them both at the same time.

MikeEvs

No problem Mark that seems to be working for you :D

Not sure about the shirts I ordered mine after I ordered the album and didn't get a confirmation of my order for the shirt and beanie but Deb (TLD) is in the process of chasing this up for me but is being frustrated by the lack of replies from the CRS who are apparently in the middle of a move :roll:

rogerg

Quote from: "Wickerman"Ah... cheers guys!  We seem to have got there in the end.  Now all I need to do is find a new Avatar.  Used to have the guy spraying the Frosterisk (tm) on the wall, but since that's the site banner here, think I should maybe go for something different...

yay!

AnsOnkruid

Hurrah, your signature works!
Now I need a new avatar too... Hmm...
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wickerman

I dutifully ordered through CRS to support the band, but based on some of the bad feedback I've heard about them, I'm not exactly expecting my order to arrive by the 17th.  Still, I'd rather the band make some money back from this rather than getting 20p divided by 5 people from every HMV sale... or whatever it is bands get from physical retail sales nowadays.

Freddy

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "Freddy"
Quote from: "Ivor"Pres, have you e-mailed CRS? There's still plenty of time to amend the order.

Well, they dont answer their emails, so..

................All the orders go to TLD, PM her

Edit,
Hells teeth, 97 new members already.
Haven't located the list of members yet though

Thats a bit funny. I have already sent a couple of unanswered emails, and now I should contact someone on this board( or ?). And for the people who dont hang on this board then?

Its funny how the work lay on my shoulders, they glady took my money at least. Crap..

Where can I find this TLD, you talk of people like I should know who they are?

Freddy

Quote from: "Wickerman"I dutifully ordered through CRS to support the band, but based on some of the bad feedback I've heard about them, I'm not exactly expecting my order to arrive by the 17th.  Still, I'd rather the band make some money back from this rather than getting 20p divided by 5 people from every HMV sale... or whatever it is bands get from physical retail sales nowadays.

..yeah, if you get your order and its not complete, then they say nothing about this. Then you email them to confirm that they have missed to send a complete order, but they dont answer. So I guess you should be happy that at least some items arrive.  :shock:

J Jonah Jameson

Apologies for those who have seen it elsewhere.

The CRS Rok Shop was a transitional arrangement to allow us to sell merchandise on line until we had our lovely new site sorted out. Basically, they had access to a means of taking card payments and we did not. Obviously we had to pay them a fee for their trouble, as well as the card costs, but it meant we could get stuff to people who wanted it and hopefully get a few people from the CRS into Frost*, and vice versa.

Other than that, they simply pass on the details of the orders to us. Or not, as the case might be, which has caused some problems which we are trying to rectify, but the sending out of orders is done by The Lovely Deb in either case. So free window clings go with every order wherever they come from, until we run out. And ordering and deliveries will be the same either way.

The benefits are that we can save costs, and we've tried to pass on savings where we can, and hopefully we can improve the service to you.

In either case, orders will all go out at the same time with the intention of getting them to you around the UK release date of 17th November. Wherever you are in the world.

The Lovely Deb will no doubt be joining us shortly, but until then, please feel free to mail me.

Public service announcement over!

JJJ

J Jonah Jameson

And shirts will go out with the albums.  It's going to be a very busy week!

JJJ