Main Menu

Bilston

Started by Stratcat, December 08, 2010, 09:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stratcat

Hi don't post very often (if at all) But was at the Bilston gig on Sunday and thought it was fantastic .Up there with the best gigs i have been to,Stunning Musicianship from all and isn't John Mitchell an underrated player? What fantastic playing from the man.
Anyway just had to post

Phrog

I'll post my thoughts in this one; first of all, what a great venue! It was my first time at The Robin and it was a real pleasure. Anyway the music. The last time I saw Frost* was supporting Dream Theater in Southampton last year, where the sound was pretty poor at best, so I decided to play it safe this time and bagged myself a spot by the sound desk, where the view was still good. Ark were thoroughly entertaining, their set was longer than I was expecting, and with a light show which was nice to see after the 'blue lights only' situation at the DT gigs - It's good to see a band treating their support properly!

As expected, Frost* were on absolute top form from the off, there were none of the mix issues at the start that had been reported from the first two gigs, giving us a full and proper TDL experience! Frost Mk. 3 is probably the best yet, Blunders is bloomin' stunning on the skins and Nathan, while being an awesome bassist, handled Dec's higher parts well too. John and Jem were pretty good too  ;) I couldn't fault the setlist, in fact I'd go as far as say that it's probably the best 8 song gig I've ever seen!  :mrgreen:

While I was disappointed to not be at the DVD shoot, this gig more than made up for it! Nice work boys.

DueyC

I've just put some photos here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 27569571e5
You should be able to see them even if you aren't on facebook

:)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk