Pre-gig Meetup in Derby!

Started by LivingForever, December 05, 2010, 08:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy P

Nice and warm in the Jonty after a slippery walk! See you in a bit!
Just met some Frosties for the first time... What a thoroughly nice bunch! Thanks for the welcome!

daveyb

Enjoy tonight folks,the wife and I cant make it(last minute thing)-absolutely gutted,especially after a great night on Saturday in Manchester.

LivingForever

Thank you so much everybody who came down- I'm afraid I can't remember everyone's forum names but it was lovely to meet some people for the first time, as well as seeing some old friends again!

I don't think anyone was quite prepared for how cold it would be- so apologies to anyone whose car got stuck in the pub car park!

Oh, the gig wasn't bad either.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

El_Mayonnaise

Indeed the gig was absolutely brilliant and there was definitely a more lively feel to the evening in my opinion.

However,
an unannounced support act and later starting time meant that a few of us had to miss from milliontown onwards to catch the train which was a right nuisance (luckily I'd already seen the show at Bilston so not too bad)

Also I thought the setlist was going to change? Still enjoyed it regardless and even got to meet the band at the Jonty Farmer for a quick chat and a photograph which was great :D

Looking forward to more news on the gig or a frost report or two.

Also, my name was spelt wrong on the t-shirt  :(

gr8gonzo

...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

There was, indeed, something of a gig tonight!
Too knackered to say much right now but it was marvellous.
Could have done without the 2.5 hours standing around before Frost* came on at what was supposed to be a Frost*-only DVD shoot. Felt sorry for the Bradford lads (are they on here?) who, thanks to the late doors and pop-up surprise support prolly only saw 5 mins of Frost*. :(
It was -11 when we scraped the windscreen for the drive home! :shock:
Luvverly to see and day "hi" to so many Frost*ies at one gig...including Roger!
Just wish I could have thought of something to say when a random camera crew nabbed me afterwards...."erm....I'm their number one fan...." Jeez... :roll: :oops:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Drarok

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"[...]even got to meet the band at the Jonty Farmer for a quick chat and a photograph which was great :D
Aw, nuts, really? We must have set off too early. Went to go get cash at 19:10 or so! :x

QuoteAlso, my name was spelt wrong on the t-shirt  :(
You and me both. :)

Quote from: "Pedro".."erm....I'm their number one fan...." Jeez... :roll: :oops:
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
I I might be in the background of a group of folks interviewed, just over a shoulder. Depends if they use the footage, I guess.

El_Mayonnaise

What time did the gig finish?

Our train was delayed in the end and didn't arrive till 23.10  :roll:

Gig Buddy

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"What time did the gig finish?

Our train was delayed in the end and didn't arrive till 23.10  :roll:
If I remember correctly about 23.10.
Dr. Feelgood factor 10% milk...

Gig Buddy

Quote from: "Pedro"Just wish I could have thought of something to say when a random camera crew nabbed me afterwards....
You and me both Pedders! :oops:  Mr Shed was nicely articulate though. :)

What a totally brilliant gig. They've moved into a different league with this line up and that's no slur on those that came before.

Great to meet up with everyone again. Was anyone doing a Frosties Report?
Dr. Feelgood factor 10% milk...

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Gig Buddy"
Quote from: "Pedro"Just wish I could have thought of something to say when a random camera crew nabbed me afterwards....
Typical, innit - as soon as I saw them stalking punters I quickly composed something in me 'ead so that they didn't catch me unprepared... and they deftly ignored me & Julie & Sarah. Bastards.
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

LOL
I'm wishing I could have another go at it now - I could have finally expressed just what a major impact Frost* (i.e. Jem) has had on my musical life.

daveyb

anyone write the set list down?

Pedro

I think it was the same as the other nights.

TDL
Falling Down
Black Light
Pocket Sun
Hyper
Milliontown
Other Me

DDD

I believe that the dodgy timing and surprise support actually robbed us of a rendition of "Secret Song". I heard it in the sound check and Jem said they planned to play it but ran out of time.  :(

Brom

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "Gig Buddy"
Typical, innit - as soon as I saw them stalking punters I quickly composed something in me 'ead so that they didn't catch me unprepared... and they deftly ignored me & Julie & Sarah. Bastards.

I saw them and decided that I would end up muttering something daft, so I went into milk mode, and mingled my way through the Frosties. This was no bad thing as a result of this process I finally got to meet Beano and Sawtooth!  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333