Robin 2 pre-gig refreshments

Started by Batchain, December 02, 2010, 09:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batchain

If anyone is around a few of the IB forum regulars will be meeting up on Sunday at the Olde White Rose in Bilston.  It's the top pub in this area.   Pedro's pic below. That's The Robin 2 circled.

[

The White Rose is just off the image.  Walk in the direction of the pink taxi/minibus and when you turn left at the t junction shown (Mount Pleasant into Litchfield Street) the pub can be seen at the end of the road on the right, next to the Army/Navy supllies store, and opposite the tatooist.  It's exactly 1 1/2 mins walk from the Robin.  Probably quicker by sledge.

Recent user review:

"The olde white rose is a permanent beer festival and they offer 10p a pint off for card carrying camra members. They always have 12 different beers on. Last night I chose Brewdog Paradox and I only had half as it was a 10%er - in superb condition too. I then went for Palmers Tally Ho - another dark beer and that too was in excellent condition. The missus had a half of Fullers Summer Ale was again in fine fettle. I love this pub and can't wait to go again."

B xx  :D
Doin\' the work of a hundred men......

Mouse

I imagine the place currently looks more white than in the photos.  ;)

Drarok

Hah, only just seen this thread - happened to go in there anyway as it was the nearest pub to the barclays we were directed to. Spotted lots of Frost*erisks and a few Porcupine Tree and Jethro Tull tshirts, but didn't know anybody. :(

DwDunphy

"I have a feeling that, after this winter, Jem might change the band name to something else."

Ash

And it was a very nice place to stay.  Recommend it.
Ash
xxx

keithd

There was some nice Real Ale there too  :D
My Hovercraft is full of eels