No more Andy live....

Started by Gedfaz, November 22, 2008, 02:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gedfaz

Feel really bad having started this thread now... :(

Lets just say we all love Jem and Andy and Johns and Dec.

But the chap who said you could stick Mick Pointer in.....

I assume that was meant to be a hilarious joke....

We are talking about THE Mick Pointer who STILL (Sorry John) cant beat a drum with any more profligacy than a small child hammering shapes into one of those toolbench things...

he was even worse than Paul Cook (Sorry other John).

I was soooo excited about new IQ and then Mr O had to go and leave :(

Ash

Gedfaz you must come to Script at the Peel and join us in laughing at him!  :lol:
Ash
xxx

Jem

Quote from: "szabiakanich"I didn't want to start any kind of war. :cry:  :(  Still feel bad about my post and that it got totally misunderstood. Oh well.

Don't worry mate. It's not your fault. I think many lessons have been learned by myself and JJ after all this. I can only apologise to those that are still waiting for this poxy bloody album. I have seen first hand that Team Frost is busting it's arse to get this stuff sorted. But we're just a small, well meaning artisan bunch with limited resources.

My future business model is making more sense by the hour.

Drarok

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. We'd have the tracks (which I do anyway, thanks to eMusic), but not the bonus DVD content, so I'd be in the same boat as I am now. I have the album, but I'm dying to hear the instrumental versions and see the videos etc.

Obviously I'm behind the NBM, but I don't think it would have improved anything this time around. Onwards to brighter futures, I can't imagine whatever went wrong at CRS will inspire you to use them as a distributor again.

Edit: Oh, out of interest, what formats/bitrates are you planning NBM to operate under? Will there be losslessly-encoded versions, or will that be saved for physical CD versions? I'd gladly pay that little bit extra for lossless things if they were download-only.

Equinox

rogerg

Quote from: "Drarok"Edit: Oh, out of interest, what formats/bitrates are you planning NBM to operate under? Will there be losslessly-encoded versions, or will that be saved for physical CD versions? I'd gladly pay that little bit extra for lossless things if they were download-only.

yah, NineInchNails did a cool thing with their last album.  they had a bunch of differently encoded versions available.  bit-torrented and all that.

LivingForever

Quote from: "Gedfaz"But the chap who said you could stick Mick Pointer in.....

I assume that was meant to be a hilarious joke....

Nah I was deadly serious... same as I'd really like to see John Mayhew in the band.

:roll:   :lol:
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Dave R

Bummer about Andy live. But hey, look at how many drummers Spinal Tap had. ;)

Seriously, best of luck to Andy! Whatever it is that you're doing next.

Gerdi

bah that sucks! i really enjoyed his playing in Frost*...

but hey, how about Gavin Harrison as a replacement? i'm sure he would add a really great flavour to the band and would be a worthy representative of TBE...
(sorry, i'm totally in love with this guys playing!!)

best luck to TBE and Frost*'s future!!
Welcome to the Family
Alone now you belong to me
Your life will be my cup of tea
I\'ll redefine Yosemite

ChrisX

Quote from: "Gerdi"but hey, how about Gavin Harrison as a replacement?

I have read somewhere here from Jem that the new guy is one without any prog credentials which might just be a good thing since I feel there probably better drummers outside then inside progworld these days.

Lovely idea and totally different vibe: get Antonio Sanchez to play with Frost*  :D
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Slntpsych1

Its a shame that Andy had to leave, but he did, so thats that. What we, as fans are supposed to do now is pick out different prog rock drummers that could potentially replace him, not dwell on the fact that Andy is gone. So, i remember hearing from Jem at one point that Nick D'Virgilio was supposed to be the original drummer...

Paco

Quote from: "Gerdi"but hey, how about Gavin Harrison as a replacement? i'm sure he would add a really great flavour to the band and would be a worthy representative of TBE...
(sorry, i'm totally in love with this guys playing!!)

Nah, Gavin should drum for a new Kino album!
That would be really great! ;)

DannySoisSage

Its always good to get a 'new' set of ears and someone who isn't a prog drummer (and maybe even who isn't a pop drummer) could be so good for Frost*. IIRC TBE didn't consider himself a prog drummer and he was just brilliant. Great playing but none of it out of place and all of it totally in keeping with the song.

Really excited about TBE's future and the 'new' Frost* drummer. Are there any plans to have him involved in more than just touring Jem? Or is it definitive that TBE will be the studio drummer and TNG (The New Guy) will be the live guy?

Trapezium Artist

Yeow; I take a weekend off reading the forum (but not EIMA-listening: my 9-year daughter declared DDD to be the best song in the world and that she greatly prefers Boy Bands like Frost* to Girl Bands :lol: ) and all hell breaks loose.

Sort of. I mean, it was probably much easier reading the whole of this thread in five minutes than suffering the emotional ups and downs in real time. I can still remember how I felt when I heard that Yes has been Buggered by the replacement of Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman by Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes (although I'm mostly over it now).

Anyway, my personal reaction for what it's worth:

Andy no longer performing live with Frost*: sad, but I'm convinced there's a good and very positive reason, and am looking forward to hearing what it is. I'm also happy to hear he'll continue recording with Frost*.

New live drummer: am looking forward to hearing who it'll be and trust Jem that it'll be right for the supergroup that is Frost*.

Just one thing though, Jem: I hope The New Drummer has passed a rigorous sense of humour test with flying colours. In my mind, that's almost as a much a prerequisite of Frost* membership as blinding musicianship  :D

If nothing else, this'll make The Peel and CRS gigs even more special than they already promise to be. Tick tock, tick tock ...

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "Paco"Nah, Gavin should drum for a new Kino album!
That would be really great! ;)

Well as far as I know he's playing on the new OSI... :P
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro