No more Andy live....

Started by Gedfaz, November 22, 2008, 02:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LivingForever

Jem, if we read the lyrics to 'Welcome to Nowhere' correctly, you know what the internet is like, so what else do you expect?

:D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Batchain

Sometimes my posts don't come across quite as intended.  But yes it's all my fault.  Silly batchain.

B xx  :cry:
Doin\' the work of a hundred men......

Jem

Quote from: "Batchain"Sometimes my posts don't come across quite as intended.  But yes it's all my fault.  Silly batchain.

B xx  :cry:

you're alright mate. I know there was nowt malicious in your missive.  8-)

Jem

Quote from: "LivingForever"Jem, if we read the lyrics to 'Welcome to Nowhere' correctly, you know what the internet is like, so what else do you expect?

:D

Fair point. But I hope we can keep that particular wolf from this place's door.

turbo

as great as andy was ( is ) whats gone is gone the future is far more exciting lets bring it on  :)
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Dena

It's a shame that Andy is leaving, but I'm also looking forward to the future of Frost* whilst loving EIMA.
Innit.

szabiakanich

I (or basically the whole community probably) totally trust your decisions Jem. And again, sorry for my poor phrasing earlier. I didn't want to come across as rude or something. I just enjoy Andy's drumming. That's all. :) I'm sure the new guy is going to rock too. No doubts there.

Diffidentia

I see that Andys last gig with Frost* is on my b-day (or d-day if you want, since I'd really like to see them coming less rapidly these days)...

Well Hooray! But I have full confidence in the new Semi-Human Drum machine with extra amrs sprouting from his (its?) knees that will be stepping in. Not quite a Borg, perhaps more like a Linn, I guess. Anyhow. I lower my shields. Resistance is futile. Please don't assimilate me ;)

Btw, you still have a long way to go if you want to catch The Flower Kings and their likes with regards to that revolving drum seat. I think their drumset has a Bond-y catapult seat.

Hwangman

Quote from: "szabiakanich"I (or basically the whole community probably) totally trust your decisions Jem. And again, sorry for my poor phrasing earlier. I didn't want to come across as rude or something. I just enjoy Andy's drumming. That's all. :) I'm sure the new guy is going to rock too. No doubts there.

I agree w/this, in that i'm merely bummed that it's the (semi) loss of a talented member of the band.  I'm glad i came on here and read the comments, because judging by Jem's blog, it almost seemed like he was happy to have Andy go.

Jem

I'm happy to have him go because I'm happy for him for what he's leaving us to go and do.
He's my mate first and foremost.

Hwangman

Quote from: "Jem"I'm happy to have him go because I'm happy for him for what he's leaving us to go and do.

Ah, got it.  Don't you love the internet's complete lack of context in communications?

Thanks for the clarification, Jem!  Best of luck to Andy as well.

landslug

I cant wait to hear what Andy's up to.. it must be something HUGE!

Andy's a tremendous Musician (with a capital 'M') and it's shame he wont be doing the gigs, but if we're introduced to a new prog drumming star because of this turn of event, it's not such a bad thing after all.

Go Jem, Go Frost*, and let's let the new guy kick our asses at Rosfest!  :D

XeRocks81

Quote from: "Hwangman"
Quote from: "Jem"I'm happy to have him go because I'm happy for him for what he's leaving us to go and do.

Ah, got it.  Don't you love the internet's complete lack of context in communications?

Thanks for the clarification, Jem!  Best of luck to Andy as well.

plus the fact that british dry wit doesn't always come across perfectly

Jem

Quote from: "Hwangman"uote]

:lol:  I know. You can see how wars start.  ;)  :lol:

szabiakanich

I didn't want to start any kind of war. :cry:  :(  Still feel bad about my post and that it got totally misunderstood. Oh well.