Main Menu

Whopper ta!

Started by Jem, December 09, 2010, 09:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Hello all,

Well we're back safe and sound, I just wanted to say such a gigantic thank you to everybody who braved the weather and came down to see us over the weekend and into Monday. We had SUCH a good time and it was lovely to see everyone after what's been quite a while really. I realised that we haven't played Milliontown in about 18 months!!!

Thank you also for making Craig so welcome, taking over from TBE is no easy task, but he's a herculean drummer not to mention the toppest of blokes and it feels like he's been part of the family for years.

Big thanks also to Paddy, Nellie, French Freddie, Shilts, Pod and Steve who made it all run so smoothly and put up with our buggering about. Thanks also to Ark for putting on a great show each night.

Vit P also deserves strong ale and manly hugs for being so supportive over the tour and designing such amazing merch.

Lastly, big thanks to you guys for being such a friendly force to be reckoned with.

Things will prolly be a bit quieter next year, but what a lovely way to see 2010 out. Have a brilliant Christmas and a peaceful New Year.

Jem xx

Simon B

Pip pip Captain!

Still have a warm fussy feeling after Monday night - my son Joey says it is the best gig he has ever been too (he is only 15 bless, but has seen KISS, Yes sans Jon and wiv Jon, Porcupine Tree, Rush, Magenta and Alice Cooper) - so count your quartet as a quality outfit  ;)

Looking forward to the DVD!

Oh, and Texas Pete says Hi!!
Make mine a Crunchie biscuit!

sawtooth

Another fun-packed year of Frost*iness nearly over!

I have personally been out of the Frost* loop for a little while, particularly gig attendance and on the forum, but Derby brought back to me how much of a buzz it is to be in the company of such a great bunch of people, and to have the incredible privilege of witnessing Frost* on stage.
It also brought home to me the superhuman amount of effort put into a typical Frost* gig by the band, Nellie, Paddy and the stage crew, VitP and everyone involved in setting up a Frost* gig. But none of the above would count for much if it wasn't for you Jem, somehow managing to squeeze 28+ hours out of each day to give time to Frost* as well as a busy career and family life.

All I hope Jem, is that you fully realise how much enjoyment we Frost*ies get from your incredible endeavours, and that you continue to get something back from us in return, be it a buzz playing the gigs, or simply knowing how many peoples lives you have touched and enriched.

It's only music, but it has genuinely been the soundtrack to the best bits of my life over the last few years!

So Merry Christmas back to you, sincere thanks for keeping on keeping on, and my very best wishes for 2011 to you and all Frost* fans everywhere   :)

keithd

Quote from: "sawtooth"Another fun-packed year of Frost*iness nearly over!

I have personally been out of the Frost* loop for a little while, particularly gig attendance and on the forum, but Derby brought back to me how much of a buzz it is to be in the company of such a great bunch of people, and to have the incredible privilege of witnessing Frost* on stage.
It also brought home to me the superhuman amount of effort put into a typical Frost* gig by the band, Nellie, Paddy and the stage crew, VitP and everyone involved in setting up a Frost* gig. But none of the above would count for much if it wasn't for you Jem, somehow managing to squeeze 28+ hours out of each day to give time to Frost* as well as a busy career and family life.

All I hope Jem, is that you fully realise how much enjoyment we Frost*ies get from your incredible endeavours, and that you continue to get something back from us in return, be it a buzz playing the gigs, or simply knowing how many peoples lives you have touched and enriched.

It's only music, but it has genuinely been the soundtrack to the best bits of my life over the last few years!

So Merry Christmas back to you, sincere thanks for keeping on keeping on, and my very best wishes for 2011 to you and all Frost* fans everywhere   :)

Well said Gary, couldn't have put any better myself  :)
My Hovercraft is full of eels

Mooncat

Our thanks comes back to you too. For what was 12 months ago going to be a Frost* free year I think we've been very lucky.

Thanks for all the effort that has gone into making 2010 a great one for us Frosties, and even with a 'quieter' one on the horizon, we'll all be hanging in there for the next installment!!!!

Hope that all connected with the band have a jolly nice Christmas and successful and properous 2011.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

drscab

It was a pleasure Jem!

The DVD was my first Frost* gig and I got to work it as Tech Manager! Over the moon :D
Keleigh
"Am I still a proper roadie if I don\'t have a beard?"
"You\'re a girl, so no, but we\'ll keep you anyway. As long as you wear a fake beard"

MarkOneMusic

Thanks to you guys, Jem, JM, Blunders and Nathan. Derby was a fantastic night.

Mrs One (AKA Sue) was not  hugely into Frost up until then (It was more "What's that you're listening to?" "Frost", "Oh, quite like that"), but you won her over good and proper on Monday night. She couldn't even hold the camera still for our pic! :)

It was great to meet you afterwards Jem, If I can ever make my Fantom sing a tenth as nicely as you do yours, I will be happy :)

L33VEY

Quote from: "Jem"Things will prolly be a bit quieter next year,

Sounds familiar?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Pedro

Quote from: "L33VEY"
Sounds familiar?
Well, yes, but I'm not calling his bluff...are you?  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

LivingForever

Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"Mrs One (AKA Sue) couldn't even hold the camera still for our pic! :)

Ohhhhh, that was your Mrs, whose hands were shaking so badly that I had to remove the camera and take the pic for you?! There was no way anything was coming out of that picture!

Mind you, I'd had a few wines by that point so I shouldn't be promising anything amazing from my photography skills at that point!
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

LivingForever

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "L33VEY"
Sounds familiar?
Well, yes, but I'm not calling his bluff...are you?  :)

That's not quite what Blunders was saying afterwards...  :D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Drarok

Quote from: "sawtooth"[an incredibly eloquent post]
Cor, I'm rubbish with words, so glad somebody could craft some in such a nice way.

My thanks to the whole band for such an awesome show, and especially to Jem for his crazed compositions. Merry Christmas sir!

gr8gonzo

Wot Gary said.

Many, many thanks, Jem. This has been the best non-Frost* year and I feel very fortunate. It's certainly had an impact on my life - especially these past few months, getting drawn back into radio after 20 years out. The Frost* experience, for me, has been the most gratifying of all band experiences, from the ridiculously good songs and musicianship to the cast of characters involved, the humour, the brilliance of the Frost* Reports, the exceptional interaction and accessibility, your seemingly superhuman self and this amazing community of fans unlike any anywhere who share what feels like the most fantastic secret. In all, an unprecedented, magnificent beast you've created here - so rare that such a thing may never happen again. And with an uncertain hiatus looming, I can only hope Frost* will continue.

My world is now officially a better place. To describe Frost* in a word, wondreful.

Through all of this, it was never lost on me that behind the scenes is a man/husband/father who has a family to support - an incredibly understanding wife, mother to all the Godfreys you keep making (enough children to sing the chorus of "Another Brick In The Wall"), and a very demanding day job, which alone would leave any ordinary person with no time to think, much less time for a so-called "hobby," not to mention the physical and mental toll and the stresses none of us even know about. Thank you.

I wish you and all of your family, and all Frost*ies everywhere, a very Happy Christmas and safe and healthy New Year.

Cheers,
A.J. aka Gonzo
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg

yeah, what they all said!   8-)

much love and hugs to you, Jem, and to all the Frost*ies, far and wide!

Reason's Greetings!!

Derekicr5

Think the comments say it all - Thanks Jem, John, Nathan & Blunders! May you all have a very Happy Christmas & New Year!
Looking forward to lots of more Frost madness!