Music Theory

Started by rogerg, November 22, 2008, 09:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerg

C, E-flat, and G go into a bar. The bartender says,
"Sorry, but we don't serve minors."
So, E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and the G is out flat. An F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.  A D comes into the bar and heads straight for the bathroom saying,
"Excuse me. I'll just be a second."
An A comes into the bar, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices a B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and exclaims,
"Get out now! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight."
The E-flat, not easily deflated, comes back to the bar the next night in a 3-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender (who used to have nice corporate job until his company downsized) says,
"You're looking sharp tonight, come on in! This could be a major development."
This proves to be the case, as the E-flat takes off the suit, and everything else, and stands there au natural. Eventually, the C sobers up, and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. The C is brought to trial, is found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an upscale correctional facility. On appeal, however, the C is found innocent of any wrong doing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.

8-)

(I didn't write this,just passing it along...)

Pedro

Tis a thing of beauty, duly noted. ;)

"Soh, Ray tell Me how much Doh Fah a Latte"
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Tricky

Quote from: "rogerg"C, E-flat, and G go into a bar. The bartender says,
"Sorry, but we don't serve minors."
So, E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and the G is out flat. An F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.  A D comes into the bar and heads straight for the bathroom saying,
"Excuse me. I'll just be a second."
An A comes into the bar, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices a B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and exclaims,
"Get out now! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight."
The E-flat, not easily deflated, comes back to the bar the next night in a 3-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender (who used to have nice corporate job until his company downsized) says,
"You're looking sharp tonight, come on in! This could be a major development."
This proves to be the case, as the E-flat takes off the suit, and everything else, and stands there au natural. Eventually, the C sobers up, and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. The C is brought to trial, is found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an upscale correctional facility. On appeal, however, the C is found innocent of any wrong doing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.

8-)

(I didn't write this,just passing it along...)

I say!
DS is jolly nice chap, and couldn't possibly be considered a punishment - with or without coda   :)
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

D S

:D
He he - I noticed that one too but decided I'd let it pass!  8-)

[For those that don't know, as well as being my initials, in musical terms DS means Dal Signo or 'repeat from the sign', which looks like this]

Nice find, Roger - very clever.  Whoever wrote it must have spent a lot of time thinking all that up!
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Sean

Wow I'm gonna pass that along to the my sister, she will get a good laugh about that. Kickass find :!:
[size=150]Carpe Diem[/size]

rogerg

my mom wondered if I had tried to play it...

8-)

EVP

Thats funny,very well thought out. I just happen to be refreshing myself on theory
lately and I know a few folks to pass this on to.

RacingHippo

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.
OK, so it's only 9am, but I reckon it'll last at least until lunchtime :p

Thanks for passing it on!
* May contain nuts.

Slntpsych1

Haha, musicians humor. Thats amazing.

TonyB

That is sheer brilliance :)

That'll be passed one that's for sure..!! :)
"I bet you weren\'t expecting this!!"

xelerad

Hehehe, nice one rogerg. I love musicians jokes.

There was one in Spanish I liked a lot, if I find a way to translate it to English I'll post it.

Steve

Very good, I could just picture my 2 A level music teachers lmao'ing over this one day in the staff room, funny and slightly embarassing :D
Suhr Carved Top - Carvin DC727 - Roland Fantom X8 FOR SALE  - Axe-FX Ultra

wickedwitch

one for the husband methinks.  
<--- musical numpty !