Main Menu

Started by Frostie, December 28, 2010, 07:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frostie

First off I wanted to say hello and this is my first time posting. My question is has anyone heard any news about 1976? I know Jem has been really busy these past few months but I remember him saying something about releasing the song this fall. Has anything been mentioned that I missed?

Phrog

No, doesn't sound like you've missed anything, the plan was for Jem to have it ready for the BLM shows in December, but couldn't get it finished due to dayjob commitments and such. Still, I'm sure we'll see it one day! Welcome to the forum  :)

Mouse

(I wrote this as Phrog posted his reply. It's essentially the same, but I can't be arsed to change it.  :P  )

Welcome aboard, Frostie! Nice to have you with us.  :)

I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but 1976 was originally intended to be released in time for the Black Live Machine Tour earlier this month. Unfortunately, poor Jem couldn't finish the song due to heavy day job workload, kick arse Prog writer's block, or something along those lines. I think (or rather hope) that 1976 will be finished and released at some point in the future, but with Jem taking a break from Frost* for now, I wouldn't lose sleep over waiting for it to appear anytime soon. However, whenever we do get to hear it, I'd be willing to bet a large ammount of biscuits that it will be well worth the wait.  :D

I hope I'm not talking a load of bollocks there.  :|

Frostie

Thanks for the response guys but I was hoping you wouldn't say that. I don't know what I will do without a fresh Frost* fix this next year...lol. Have a great New Year everyone!

DannySoisSage

Kind of touched on this in the 'Where did you first hear Frost*' thing but the 'and I can feel the walls are turning' bit on one of the EIMA samplers was one of those real spine tingling moments for me...I've waited two years and I can wait however much longer it takes until Jem feels he's in a position to put it out at its best because, as much as this may be jumping the gun, personally it is already a Frost* highlight and I can see it rivalling Falling Down as my favourite Jem thing evar *blasphemy*  :mrgreen:

Mooncat

In the meantime, gr8gonzo has put the DVD 'edit' as part of one of the recent EIMA podcasts - with a bit of audio jiggery pokery it could be 'extracted' from the MP3 as a stopgap ;)  ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

gr8gonzo

I knew I should have held on to that until Saturday.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Villuccikeys

Welcome to the forum! I hope no one has said that yet.  

I haven't heard the finished product of 1976. Hence, I assume Jem is off riding dragons and trying on hats while knitting a sock to appease a rather angry hippopotamus.  I don't know how big this sock needs to be.  But, I can assume that once it is finished, we'll hear 1976.  It may very well be that the sock is a metaphor.  An iron curtain - if you will - that shrouds this wondrous song in mystery while providing us with the song's very meaning.  All in all, I know I'll have a good poop whilst hearing it.

Villuccikeys

As a side note...

with Frost* casting its final anchor, what's to become of 1976?  Is it just gonna be scrapped?

Pedro

Scrapped? No.
Frozen along with everything else? Probably.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

It'll suddenly appear when it's back in fashion. Along with flares, platforms, cheesecloth shirts....
* May contain nuts.

catherine

Yes, the thing about frozen things is that they can reappear after a period of time and thaw out. Look at the woolly mammoth, for example.

Villuccikeys

Is "frozen" a Frost* pun?

owen

No, but cheesecloth is.