Main Menu

Jem back on twitter

Started by turbo, December 29, 2010, 10:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbo

Dont know if this is old news but ive found a new twitter acount for jem.
http://twitter.com/JemGodfrey
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Phrog

Good find, sir! Duly followed, which Jem kindly reciprocated!

DwDunphy

And he never made mention of this or the new blog to the Frosties?

Pedro

Well no, not yet....and he's not really obliged to if you think about it. :)
If we work together we (the fans) can support him without him having to do all the work.
If we're not careful (and this is not aimed at anyone in particular) then everything he does will be followed by someone moaning about some aspect of it.
For example, if Jem says "blah" on the blog then someone will moan that he didn't say it here or on the website or on Twitter or whatever.
So, I say, it's too much work for him to be everywhere all the time so, as Frost*ies, let's carry some of the load and share stuff we spot elsewhere in here and not get too hung up on how we found out.
:)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

XeRocks81

I understand Pedro, but it still reminds me of the first days of the "new" board all over again. When all the cool kids kept posting on the old board because they didn't like that the new people weren't into biscuits or whatever.  Like it's some exclusive club.  I know nobody is doing that on purpose (least of all Jem who's just doing his thing and not caring what anybody else thinks, wich is good) and it's likely all in my mind so I'll just shut up now.  :oops:

turbo

?"By the beard of Zeus"

Pedro

Thanks, but I must stress again that I'm not pointing at anyone.

XeRocks81 recalls a dark time for the forum and I seriously want to avoid things slipping back that way....and it will only happen if we let it.
The problem is and has always been related to growth - some people preferred the small, cuddly nature of the first forum(s) but that just couldn't survive when additional people joined (as they were bound to when the music got out there doing its stuff!). The switch to a new forum was coincidental to that growth and some people just didn't want to move.
Being a stubborn "let's all get along" kind of guy I tried to keep a foot in both camps but people do (and should do) what they want to.  
It's the age-old dilemma of wanting things to grow and be successful but at the same time not wanting them to change. Anyone waving their kids off back to University or to their day jobs right now might hear a resonance in that.
I think it might be the same for Jem when he looks at his little prog hobby...that's all grown up, hunting him down and masquerading as him!

Happy New Year everyone.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Moink

That about sums it up perfectly Pedro

and Happy New Year to everyone as well  :)

catherine

Big and cuddly's even better than small and cuddly, though!

johninblack

Wise words Pedro. I too was firmly "foot in each camp", just imagine what it would be like if you multiplied the fan base and forum members by just 10!! I think small is nice and cosy, bigger is better but more problematical hence on this board we have mods, on the previous boards Jem took care of everything. Guess it goes to show that progress and popularity bring new problems to the table.

Anyway, lets all keep our heads Ladies and Gentlemen and look forward to what 2011 will bring our little slice of the interwebbyinterconnectedthingy.

If it's to be a no Frost* year that's fine,
If it's to be a no Frost* year like last year that's even better!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

turbo

Quite right pedro , but i must also say to avoid any misunderstanding that i was referring to what you said about helping things along by all reporting things here when we see them, i wouldn't want to rock anyone's boat.  :D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

gr8gonzo

Despite the growth (we really should have that looked at), Frost* has an unmatched track record for drawing like-minded, quality folks and, over all, frustrated fans ("frust*ies"?) are still very few in number. Jem knows he can't please all of the people all of the time, though he's been largely successful in his efforts to do so. Artists in the internet age need to be their own publicists which is a full-time job and we all know Jem's got plenty of regular work already. Who better to take on some of that work than a team of people who are more than happy to do it?

As Jem embarks on his electronica project and an uncertain hiatus looms for Frost*, I'm sure we all hope to read that message that says he's starting up the black light machine again, though it appears it may be some time before that happens. Hopefully sooner than later. If it doesn't happen, it will be unfortunate. But if it does, I'll be ready.

In the meantime, this non-Frost* year has the Derby DVD coming out which I'm very excited about. Oh, and there's that other thing tomorrow.  ;)

Until then... KCAM.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Geetar

Good sense spoken by the usual suspects.

The old /new board fracture was due to a particular set of circumstances, and highly unlikely to be repeated. This is another casserole de poissons altogether.
This space for sale.

Phrog

I know I haven't been around here long (well, relatively speaking), but I'd like to say that this forum is still the most warm and inclusive of all the messageboards I've been on, which is due entirely to the excellent people on it! Back on topic, I think Jem's absolutely within his rights to not advertise the new blog and twitter, he's at a potentially very exciting point in his electronic music career, so a little re-boot is perhaps needed, and I suspect the last thing he needs is us lot badgering him about when 1976 is going to be finished! As long as we respect the fact that this is probably not going to be a source of Frost* information and simply follow out of a genuine interest in this new phase in what Jem gets up to, this can be a great thing for all concerned!

Mooncat

Agree with Phrog on this - if Jem wants to go off and do something different for a while then why would he assume we're all going to "get it".
Follow if you're interested, if not - this will still be a hive of proggishness and biscuits.

BTW - Matt Berry (he of the IT Crowd and DoTR announcements) has an album coming out soon and is a big prog fan/synth nut (see the latest Classic Rock Prog special)
More infor/samples can be found at //http://www.myspace.com/mattberrysmusic
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy