Anyone spotted Belinda yet?

Started by tomskerous, November 23, 2008, 12:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biskitbass

...hang on, a 'LADY' on EIMA ?? Gawd, call me a musician as well, I TOTALLY missed that one !!!
Trying to 'pick' her out now, and I've had this album on loop since last weekend as well....

I love this forum  :o
"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you\'re gonna see some serious shit."
http://www.aquariannation.com/Home%20Pa ... Update.htm
http://www.myspace.com/biskitbass

Djm

Just so we're clear, it's not Belinda going "Welcome to the family.  Alone now, you belong to me"  :twisted:
No extra charge. \";)\"

wickedwitch

Quote from: "Djm"Just so we're clear, it's not Belinda going "Welcome to the family.  Alone now, you belong to me"  :twisted:
not unless jm is really belinda at the weekend! (i now always see him with a torch under his face for that bit!)

James_S

Quote from: "wickedwitch"
Quote from: "Djm"Just so we're clear, it's not Belinda going "Welcome to the family.  Alone now, you belong to me"  :twisted:
not unless jm is really belinda at the weekend! (i now always see him with a torch under his face for that bit!)

So you see JM at the weekend, as Belinda, with a torch under his face? :)

Just checking I've got it right ;)
So many keyboards, so little time!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "vkamicht"Belinda can be heard in the "Forever, Immortally" and so on part... it's quite apparent and I'm surprised people are having trouble hearing her! During the outro, and other parts during the song, there's a voice in the background that does random vocal things ("yeaheaheaheahhh" and other things I can't really transcribe in text). It sounds a lot like Dec to me but some parts it doesn't, so I could be wrong.

I'll stick my neck out here and agree that it sounds very much as if there's a real female voice singing there, rather than Falsetto-Dec (as excellent as that can be).

But it raises the thornier issue for me of who is actually signing the lead vocals on a song-by-song, part-by-part basis throughout EIMA. I hear a lot of obvious Dec, but nevertheless often find myself confused when trying to pick between him, Jem, and JM ...

Then again, I'm usually just wallowing in the music, not dissecting it  :D

kyuwert

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"But it raises the thornier issue for me of who is actually signing the lead vocals on a song-by-song, part-by-part basis throughout EIMA. I hear a lot of obvious Dec, but nevertheless often find myself confused when trying to pick between him, Jem, and JM ...

I'm confident enough to say that between Jem, JM and Dec, I know exactly who is singing each part on the entire CD. Occasionally Jem will sing higher parts and Dec will sing some lower parts and it might be a bit tougher to distinguish them (esp. in the latter case) but overall I think I've got it down.  8-)

xelerad

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"But it raises the thornier issue for me of who is actually signing the lead vocals on a song-by-song, part-by-part basis throughout EIMA. I hear a lot of obvious Dec, but nevertheless often find myself confused when trying to pick between him, Jem, and JM ...

WORD!  :D

I'm thinking... Jem, would it be possible to note who sings what when the lyrics arrive at the website? Or would it be too much?  :D

sawtooth

Quote from: "xelerad"

I'm thinking... Jem, would it be possible to note who sings what when the lyrics arrive at the website? Or would it be too much?  :D

I seem to remember Jem saying he was taking much more of a back seat in the singing duties and letting Dec and JM do the lion's share, but I reckon I can hear Jem all OVER the album. I also have trouble sometimes distinguishing Jem from Jon Mitchell due to what I think is rather tasty use of formant changing on the vocals in places, sometimes Jem's voice sounds gruffer, and in other cases it sounds very sweet.

xelerad

Quote from: "sawtooth"
Quote from: "xelerad"

I seem to remember Jem saying he was taking much more of a back seat in the singing duties and letting Dec and JM do the lion's share, but I reckon I can hear Jem all OVER the album. I also have trouble sometimes distinguishing Jem from Jon Mitchell due to what I think is rather tasty use of formant changing on the vocals in places, sometimes Jem's voice sounds gruffer, and in other cases it sounds very sweet.

That's mainly the reason I think it would be useful to have it clearly written, cause sometimes I can't really tell one guy from another... And with backing vocals as well, there are times when I don't know who he really is! That said, the mixture is lovely.

johninblack

Personally I couldn't give a stuff who is singing any individual part just so long as it's done well and on this album it most certainly is :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

wickedwitch

Quote from: "johninblack"Personally I couldn't give a stuff who is singing any individual part just so long as it's done well and on this album it most certainly is :D

amen x

Brom

Quote from: "johninblack"Personally I couldn't give a stuff who is singing any individual part just so long as it's done well and on this album it most certainly is :D

Yes.

I'm sure though I saw her in Sainsburys this morning.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

El_Presidente

amen x

Thirded.

But it would be great to see Dec wearing his falsettos...
Never trust a man who, when left alone with a tea cosey, doesn\'t try it on.  B Connolly.

Pedro

Quote from: "El_Presidente"
amen x
Thirded.
But it would be great to see Dec wearing his falsettos...
:D I think it would be interesting to know for sure but I'll just issue a blanket "well done" to everyone who sang on the album - top notch vox!  :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Brom

Quote from: "Pedro"just issue a blanket "well done" to everyone who sang on the album -

I guess they must have all been reading from the same sheet.  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333