Previous topic - Next topic

RacingHippo

Map updated!
Mileage so far: 16,209
Miles to go: 8,185

Next stop..... France, chez David!
* May contain nuts.

finbeard

Hey all- I'm still alive out here! I've got the banana and am going out this week to get some pictures with it in front of the lovely local scenery... Then I'll ship it on to David, assuming he's still primed and ready to receive it!
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

David

Quote from: "finbeard"Hey all- I'm still alive out here! I've got the banana and am going out this week to get some pictures with it in front of the lovely local scenery... Then I'll ship it on to David, assuming he's still primed and ready to receive it!
Always ready, sir!  ;)

ich_bin_besser

Hurry up, peeps. Let's finish this before Jem retires.
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Pedro

So @David & @finbeard: Has there been a PM exchange between you about moving this on?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

David

Quote from: "Pedro"So @David & @finbeard: Has there been a PM exchange between you about moving this on?
I've already sent a PM to finbeard.
@IchBinBesser : Dont't worry, Jürgen, I promise the banana* won't stay too long in my place!

finbeard

hey y'all; i know i've held on to the big banana for kind of long, but trust me on this one- it will be worth it!

let's just say there's a certain relevant live music project i'm involved in that it is needed for... immediately after, it gets shipped on to france. (:
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

RacingHippo

* May contain nuts.

Mouse

Mikey

At the risk of being a bit of a killjoy, isn't this getting a bit out of hand?
It's becoming a competition to see who can outdo each other.
There should be a time limit on how long you keep it.
Never mind Jem retiring before we've finished, his kids will have retired.
I used to have a signature

Pedro

:) Well it would be nice if it had moved a little bit faster but I for one appreciate that people are trying to do something a bit special with it.  It'll move fast enough when us boring Brits get our paws on it.  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mouse

And our photograph locations will become a lot less glamorous.  ;)

Mikey

May have had a touch of the Victor Meldrew's there,

Or it may have something to do with my meeting with HR next week. Wish me luck I'm going in.

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "Pedro"Yeah, Mikey works for UPS.  :)

Or not, if I read selectively between the lines and grossly misinterpret  ;)

Never confuse work with attendance  :)

Following my 23 page grievance I may be an ex-UPSer

Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye springs to mind (not from here)

Have to decide if I've got the balls to take them on.

My little peanuts against UPS's big brown boulders.

& as for working, I'm currently at 160%, against the hours that I'm paid to work  :twisted:  :twisted:

The reason I left the forum before  :(

RacingHippo

You do right, Mr Mikey.
When I worked for a muti-national ERP vendor I ended up doing deeply silly hours and taking a huge amount of pressure; it eventually broke me to the extent that I couldn't even look at a sodding computer for 6 months (and was ordered not to by my lovely GP).
The shrink that the company had to pay for for me gave me a rule which I've never forgotten (and frequently repeat to people, so sorry if I'm banging on):

Health, Family, Work. In that order.

In this way, you retain sanity (or whatever passes for it). And you're more useful to the company if you're sane.
Seriously, though - quality of work really suffers if you're stressed. Time away from work really does benefit work.
* May contain nuts.

Mikey

Quote from: "RacingHippo"Time away from work really does benefit work.

I think i'll be getting alot of time away from UPS. My grievance was more about the lack of integrity within the Company, but I shouldn't really say more about that just yet.