Fogey's Big Banana World Tour - Sign-Up List

Started by Pedro, January 03, 2011, 06:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

As requested, this Stickie is intended to let people volunteer to receive, photograph and send on the lucky inflatable banana to the next person on the list.
The idea being to record the progress of the banana in photos showing you with the (inflated) banana, optionally including a local landmark in the photo.
There's also a suggestion of you signing the thing but I'd hope people do this sensibly (without puncturing it or using ink that might react badly with the material) and not offensively (drawing gender-related imagery!).

Names of those signed-up already...

Fogey [posted to rogerg on Jan 4th 2011]
rogerg [arrived Jan 18th, photo taken Jan 30th, posted Feb 7th 2011]
gr8gonzo [arrived Feb 9th, photos taken Feb 11th & 12th, posted Feb 14th 2011]
Jim Takacs [arrived Feb 15th 2011]
geront [arrived March 17th 2011]
castironchef [arrived April 20th 2011]
MTBDude [arrived May 7th 2011]
finbeard [arrived June 20th 2011]
David [arrived Aug 08, 2011]
Gandalph1986 [arrived Aug 18, 2011]
Ich_bin_besser [arrived Sep 02, 2011]
RWA [arrived Sep 11 2011]
jur451c [arrived Oct 03 2011]
johninblack [arrived Nov 24 2011]
MrsJib [arrived Nov 24 2011]
Sami [arrived Nov 24 2011]
ProgDog [arrived Nov 24 2011]
Bert [ditto] sort of!
catherine[Dec 4th 2011]
Nellie [arrived Dec 9th 2011]
Mouse [AGM Transfer]
D S [arrived Feb 3rd 2012]
Mikey [arrived 26th February 2012]
RobRideout (DrBlowThingsUp) [arrived Mar 19th 2012]
Racing Hippo [arrived March 28th 2012]
Brom [arrived April 24th 2012]
L33VEY  [arrived June 22nd 2012]
Againesis  [arrived June 26th 2012]
Redevan101 [arrived August 30th 2012]
Sarah (Ash) [arrived September 5th 2012]
Fishy [arrived September 17th 2012]
Dena [arrived October 16th 2012]
With DueyC or on the south coast or on it's way back to Dena [October 25th 2012]
MikeEvs [arrived 6th November 2012]
Big Black Shed [arrived 26th November 2012]
Drarok [arrived 3rd December 2012]
lyn [arrived on National Roadie Day]
WickedWitch [arrived sometime in December 2012]
Pedro [arrived sometime in December 2012]

Next Stop: CELEBR8.2 and presentation to Jem!

A map of the Banana*'s progress is at <!-- m -->http://bit.ly/frostiebanana<!-- m -->

To join-in, post a reply to that effect and I'll update this list.
If people also report the arrival/departure and post the pictures here we should be able to keep track.
Ok?

[Edit - updated several times by RH & Pedro & jib]
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

ich_bin_besser

Hehe, great idea!
I'd like to know the size of the not-inflated banana, though, so that I could estimate shipping costs to whereever. But I guess that'll have to wait till all air is gone, right?
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

gr8gonzo

It'll be deflated for shipping and reinflated by each recipient, so may I suggest Lysol disinfecting wipes or somesuch be used? After all, I believe it was a well-traveled inflatable pig that started swine flu.  :o
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Jim Takacs

Send that thing over here to Florida!!  Theres a Couple of us Frosties here!  Im Game! :P
::I Like Cheese::

catherine

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"It'll be deflated for shipping and reinflated by each recipient, so may I suggest Lysol disinfecting wipes or somesuch be used? After all, I believe it was a well-traveled inflatable pig that started swine flu.  :o

(from the BBC news, on April 1st 2011)
...And doctors are anxiously trying to trace the source of a severe outbreak of Frost*itis, which has a global spread, affecting people in Germany, Yorkshire, Florida, Cambridge, Hull, and a few other places. It is believed to have been spread by a large inflatable banana which sufferers have been posting to each other. Symptoms of Frost*itis (which may initially be mistaken for Tourette's Syndrome) include randomly shouting "What-ho", attempting to dance in 7/8 time, and some sufferers even have an irresistible compulsion to wear false moustaches.  There is no known cure for this disease.

rogerg

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "gr8gonzo"It'll be deflated for shipping and reinflated by each recipient, so may I suggest Lysol disinfecting wipes or somesuch be used? After all, I believe it was a well-traveled inflatable pig that started swine flu.  :o

...And doctors are anxiously trying to trace the source of a severe outbreak of Frost*itis, which has a global spread, affecting people in Germany, Yorkshire, Florida, Cambridge, Hull, and a few other places. It is believed to have been spread by a large inflatable banana which sufferers have been posting to each other. Symptoms of Frost*itis (which may initially be mistaken for Tourette's Syndrome) include randomly shouting "What-ho", attempting to dance in 7/8 time, and some sufferers even have an irresistible compulsion to wear false moustaches. There is no known cure for this disease.

although a healthy dose of curry and beer tends to make one feel better!

Brom

Quote from: "rogerg"
Quote from: "catherine"

...And doctors are anxiously trying to trace the source of a severe outbreak of Frost*itis, which has a global spread, affecting people in Germany, Yorkshire, Florida, Cambridge, Hull, and a few other places. It is believed to have been spread by a large inflatable banana which sufferers have been posting to each other. Symptoms of Frost*itis (which may initially be mistaken for Tourette's Syndrome) include randomly shouting "What-ho", attempting to dance in 7/8 time, and some sufferers even have an irresistible compulsion to wear false moustaches. There is no known cure for this disease.

although a healthy dose of curry and beer tends to make one feel better!

And don't forget to eat plenty of biscuits!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Mouse

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"After all, I believe it was a well-traveled inflatable pig that started swine flu.  :o

Damn you, Pink Floyd! *shakes fist*

Neilgwhite

I'm in, I'll put a flat cap on it and take it to York for the day
Hello, is there anybody in there?............

MikeEvs

johninblack

"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

redevan101

God Bless Prog And All Who Sail In Her
www.facebook.com/starkband

Fogeyspasm

STAGE ONE BEGINS
Posted to Rogerg in the USA at 11am today.
Hes been disinfected with a wipe, not Rogerg obviously just in case anybody wondered, we use called steri 7 which kills any germs for around 30 days :lol:
It cost a staggering sum of only £1.80 to send him by Royal Mail and he should arrive in 3-5 working days.
It fitted ok in a roughly A3ish size jiffy bag if anybody wonders on size and costs or we could just do each continent in turn?

Pic is of the Humber Bridge which is roughly a  3/4 mile away from where i live. Had to doctor a pic though. The one we took was so dark you couldn't see the bridge in the background so i borrowed one from Google and did a cut and paste job!

Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

rogerg

RAWK the banana!!!

oops, that just sounds wrong, somehow....   8-)

RacingHippo

Yay! My dad designed the lighting scheme for that bridge :)
* May contain nuts.