And the award for the most dreadful album cover ever...

Started by Ben Y-S, January 06, 2011, 04:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Y-S

...goes to this monstrosity:

Urghrughrgurgurugrurgh. Worse still, is that Within Temptation produced this beauty only two albums ago:

You think a band capable of making such wonderful artwork would be able to continue the theme, or at least do a new theme properly. I have the Silent Force with extended artwork, and it has some of the best album artwork I've seen. Shame...

catherine

Mouse

Looks like they were indeed within temptation - of doing a sh*t album cover. I haven't heard anything by the band, but that cover would certainly put me off investigating them.

Ben Y-S

I must stress, I really do like them, their earlier work is seriously good, stuff from Mother Earth and the Silent Force, but this is concerning to a new extreme...it's very unlike them, weirdly.

MikeEvs

I too am a fan of the band but this is what I said on Facebook about the cover:

"Can't wait to hear the music but the cover is terrible, a really horrible design. Looks like a total mish mash of ideas and it's far too busy. I don't like the font for "The Unforgiving" the f in particular looks really poorly drawn."

Needless to say I don't like it much either :roll:

Ash

It looks like a film my vampire friends would be in - very poor
Ash
xxx

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Sarah"It looks like a film my vampire friends would be in - very poor

It is linked to a film and a comic I think it's all part of the concept for the album, but it's still crap

ich_bin_besser

I always hated that one:

Very nice music, but the cover...  :roll:
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Mouse

Really?! They released that to represent their music?!

MikeEvs

Pajter

And here I am the only one thinking it's the other way 'round. :lol:

That first cover looks like it means something. It's hard judging by the tiny size, but it's looks like it's painted very well. Lighting's decent and there's enough going on to keep your attention. As for using a chick with a gun on an album cover, meh okay. Still, I could post at least 10 album covers WAY worse than that.  :lol:

The second is just some overused 90's effects thrown together, creating some abstract Photoshop concoction. Tentacles, orbs and glowing stuff? Come on. :lol:

Comic relief, my pick:

Ben Y-S

That LTE one is rather unimaginative to say the least, and yeah, pretty poor generally. =P

The one I posted isn't the worst album cover ever, there are probably much worse, but it's up there.

Here's my 'comedic relief' one:

One of my favourite albums, but if the font and general look of it wasn't bad enough, you can pretty obviously see the colour difference in the background of the band's photo and the background of the album. I know it was 1973, but come on. XD

El_Mayonnaise

No! Bad Owen!

*Taps nose with rolled up newspaper*

:lol:

Jamyu