Main Menu

JJ's left IQ

Started by catherine, January 07, 2011, 10:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

catherine

on FB a few mins ago...

QuoteJohn Jowitt
Has left iQ.

This is my decision, and is not related to me playing with any other band.

I'd like to wish all the best to iQ, for what I'm sure will continue to be a great future; I'd like to thank the crew and past band members for all their help, camaraderie and hard work, and most of all, I'd like to thank everyone who's come along to the shows over the years and supported us.

So their next gig will have a new keyboard player AND a new bass player.

owen


Pedro

Is TBE still there or is Cookie on the throne?
I've lost track.

(might we put 2 and 2 together with relation to Blunders' blog...?)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Tricky

Quote from: "Pedro"Is TBE still there or is Cookie on the throne?
I've lost track.

(might we put 2 and 2 together with relation to Blunders' blog...?)

Surely Blunders is going to Dream Theater?

 :lol:
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

catherine

Cookie's still on the throne!

Mooncat

QuoteSurely Blunders is going to Dream Theater?

Nah, that's gonna be Marco Minneman for an album and tour followed by the money-spinning reunion with Mike Portnoy ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

L33VEY

Nearly 20 years is a bit of a stint for anything these days.

Someone on the IQ forum has suggested that they should recruit Nathan.

I know that IQ were kind enough to lend Jem JJ, but even so...

HANDS OFF!    :twisted:
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

turbo

Quote from: "catherine"Cookie's still on the throne!

Must be all that crimbo turkey   :shock:
?"By the beard of Zeus"

ChrisX

It is sad to see him go but I won't hold it against him that he seeking a new challenge. The man has given an awful lot to the IQ cause not only through his playing and on stage personality but IIRC he also did a lot of the tour management in the past. But... IQ will never be the same again ... But that doesn't mean it is a bad thing .. it's just going to be different.

Quote from: "L33VEY"Someone on the IQ forum has suggested that they should recruit Nathan.

Judging by the way IQ operates I would say they have already a new bassplayer primed and ready to rock. The replacement for Mark was also announced quite swiftly I might say. Who knows, IQ might actually try some news things for change with the influx of new members.

In the meantime though... I am seriously enjoying Mike's 'solo-album' Regeneration under the guise of The Lens. Cracking album.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

DueyC

Quote from: "L33VEY"Someone on the IQ forum has suggested that they should recruit Nathan.

That was me  :twisted:  :lol:
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

DueyC

Quote from: "ChrisX"Judging by the way IQ operates I would say they have already a new bassplayer primed and ready to rock.

From the wording of John's note, I think he was ready to announce it before Christmas but decided/was persuaded to delay. No doubt they've already got some names in the frame, although they usually put the call out for interested people after someone decides to leave, so I expect it isn't cut and dried yet.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

D S

Given that both Peter and Cookie left and then later returned, maybe it's time for Tim Esau to rejoin..  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Ash

Quote from: "ChrisX"I. Who knows, IQ might actually try some news things for change with the influx of new members.

.

 :lol:
Ash
xxx

Neilgwhite

Gutted, knocked down with a bolt from the blue..... 19 years... wow...

Seen John a number of times with IQ, never saw him with Frost*, gutted when he left Frost* too  :?

That's it..... too upset to say more....
Hello, is there anybody in there?............

Batchain

Both JJ and JM have joined Paul Menel's new band.  Crikey!

B xx  :shock:
Doin\' the work of a hundred men......