Main Menu

TALK TALK

Started by daveyb, January 10, 2011, 05:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveyb

Sky arts a few nights ago,-Talk Talk live from Montreux 1986-absolutely brilliant,fave track-I DONT BELIEVE IN YOU,also available on DVD,ordered!

MarkOneMusic

It must be me, but I just never got them.

Saw them support the one off Genesis/PG reunion gig in '79 at Milton Keynes Bowl.

Didn't like them at all.

Mind you it was an outdoor gig, in November, and it had rained pretty much all day, continuously, and while Milton Keynes Bowl sounds like a swanky American College stadium, it was in fact, a field with some muddy banks around the edge. The whole place was fast turning into a quagmire and we were all wet and cold and just wanted the main event to start, so perhaps it was a case of negative reinforcement.

ChrisX

Genesis reunion 1979 @ Milton Keynes? You mean 1982... at that time Talk Talk where still heavy in their synthpop phase (their debut The Party's Over was from that year and although slightly promising they became good with their second album It's My Life. Such A Shame is a great song. But .... they truly became sublime with the albums that followed next i.e. The Colour Of Spring (1986) and Spirit Of Eden (1988).  The first one is one of those rare albums where pop meets art, the latter is probably one of the most atmospheric albums I have ever heard.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

MarkOneMusic

Quote from: "ChrisX"Genesis reunion 1979 @ Milton Keynes? You mean 1982...

/slaps head/

Blame it on my age..

I am an 'old' progger you know!

You are of course right...  Six of the Best...  We still have a crinkled program, carefully dried out with blotting paper after bringing it home sodden.

Mrs One and I were only just an item then, one of our first dates.  'Hey I'll show you a good time, take you to a great gig.'  Cold, soaking wet, watching bands she barely knew about.  Amazed she stuck with me. Must've been the music!

tomskerous

Should have been as big as Tears for Fears. Only their cute bass player couldn't sing.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!